J 109

Tranona

Visit site
Expensive, racy boat with a strong following in the racing scene in the Solent. Active importer and class association who will no doubt advise. As to whether they are "strongly built" depends on what you are going to use it for.

Very, very different kind of boats from the last ones you asked about.

Visit site
Yes they are well built but still expensive from a pure material assessment. Part of the value proposition of a J109 is that you are buying into a well run racing sailing community. With a J you won't waste weekends wondering how to fix or improve your boat because the ongoing aftercare service will provide the definitive answer to accomplishing most jobs.

Tranona

Visit site
Yes, just realised! Thought I had posted a reply but then saw the query again - which is why I have answered twice - must try to keep awake!

Message to Youen. You ask a lot of questions, but about wildly different styles of boats. You might find you get more useful responses if you narrow down your choice and then ask specific questions rather than how good or how fast they are. Looking at the boats you have asked about (from Nimbus to J109 via Najad 331 and a range of Westerlys!) I can't get a fix on what sort of boating you want to do.