Italian Boats

G

we've got a 1997 cranchi pearla 25' its lovely with v good sea-keeping. its well built and we've had o real problems. i've seen afew bigger models and they seem just as good! crest marine are the dealers- take a look.

G

Hang on with what you\'ve got for now.

Until the Genova Boat Show.

G

I thought of swithching manufacturers after 7 years with Sea Ray I have looked at Baia but don't know any others i have seen good write ups on Italian boats though.

G

Cranchi- Great mouldings, loads of boat for the dosh, 39 footer has big garage and twin kad 44 for around 130k Sessa- More dosh, never seen one but supposed to be good in 34 and 36 footer

Gobbi- saw one at Earls court, very impressed. Huge cockpit and platform, loads of top bits, simple and functional interior with lots of space, £123k for 38 footer.

Not as stylish as fairlines or princesses or even our sealine on the inside, but seem to be much better screwed together than Yank boats, and excellent vfm.

If I was buying now it would be a Cranchi 34, or Gobbi.

G

We have just bought our second Italian boat. First was a Pershing and now a Ferretti. I will reiterate a quote by a Uk boat broker / distributor who is held in very high estime (but shall be nameless) "if the Btitish boat buyers, went to the Gena boat show, they would never buy a British boat". The standard of installations and the equipment that both Ferretti and Pershing use id second to none, there use of adhesives is superior to virtually any other manufacturer and the gell coat layout is superb. I would not hesitate to buy Italian, however, I can only speak from 20 years experience especialy on the two that I have owned.Whats your budget?

G

We have just bought our second Italian boat. First was a Pershing and now a Ferretti. I will reiterate a quote by a Uk boat broker / distributor who is held in very high estime (but shall be nameless) "if the Btitish boat buyers, went to the Gena boat show, they would never buy a British boat". The standard of installations and the equipment that both Ferretti and Pershing use id second to none, there use of adhesives is superior to virtually any other manufacturer and the gell coat layout is superb. I would not hesitate to buy Italian, however, I can only speak from 20 years experience especialy on the two that I have owned.Whats your budget?

G

Speaking as one outside the boat, I find that Italian motor yachts are invariably much noisier than others, they make more wash.

On the other hand each motor yacht seems to be sold with a couple of bikini-clad birds thrown in.

G

Speaking as one outside the boat, I find that Italian motor yachts are invariably much noisier than others, they make more wash.

On the other hand each motor yacht seems to be sold with a couple of bikini-clad birds thrown in.