It doesn't make sense to me.

Daipal

Visit site
It doesn\'t make sense to me.

I missed the start by over an hour, but most of the scuttlebutt lot are behind me. My position has gone up and down by over 1500 places without me doing much. I've got a 26 km/h wind on the port quarter and I'm doing 31 km/h. When I look for the rest of the fleet i can only see about 12 other boats, and most of those appear to be stopped. A boat a good distance ahesd of me is about 2000 in front of me, but a boat alongside me is 3000 ahead of me.
Is it me????!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: It doesn\'t make sense to me.

I really don't like the Volvo Ocean game, and am probably just going to put my boat aground. The sailonline is far more interactive, allowing you to see many more boats and have a bit more control of what is going on.

Abestea

Visit site

It is reckoned the ranking is set by as the Crow flies distance to capetown. I.e. all those closer to africa are in front. But i would not worry about it either on SO or VOR that you are an hour late. people have to sleep and as can be seen this morning boats are all over the place on SO

Dipper

Visit site

I've got about 2 knots from the West mid channel in the SOL game. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Abestea

Visit site

Yes there is not a lot of wind but it does blow a bit!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I am really getting annoyed with the ranking system. It just does not seem as fun as Sailonline. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Dipper

Visit site

You're biased. You are only saying that because you picked up a lot of places overnight in the SOL game. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Abestea

Visit site

Ha Ha yes indeed. Quite pleased with that. It is disheartening on VOR when you are told that you have just lost 5000 places after 10 minutes of sailing.