Island Harbour closed?

Dunx

Visit site
In the papers it says they have gone into administration and staff have been laid off. Not sure what that will mean for the residents there at this time.

Robin

Visit site
Bought my boat there a few years back, staff were very nice and it seemed quite full with good facs and handy for the chandlery at Richardson's.
It is indeed a lovely place with some truly wonderful staff, sadly all now jobless we understand, although perhaps not those at the breeze restaurant which may be different . Marina offices are closed. We love it here and want to remain though currently with no lock operation that is not an option anyhow.

RupertW

Visit site
Last time I kept a boat there Breeze restaurant didnt exist but there was a great basic bar and cafe on the Ryde Queen.

Great fun lunches with far better food. but still a little sad revisiting in 2018/19 when I lived and worked on the island for a year.

Robin

Visit site
Just been advised the lock gates will be operated around 4hrs per day around what would be freeflow time for next few days until other arrangements made but guess this is only for berth holders and yard activities rather than visitors. call on CH 80 as usual or phone 0161 5095095 which is the number for Lucas Ross the administrator.

My guess, and it is just that, is that a new phoenix company will emerge with new directors, having well and truly stiffed the original Uavend LLC creditors. Word is 2 financier companies called in very large debts £10 million was mentioned in local online news probably associated with loans for their (£100milion plus)hotel and housing project at Norris Castle East Cowes that has been reportedly bogged down with planning permission approvals All allegedly of course
We got some minor mail today because Royal Mail thoughtfully left it at Richardsons chandlery

The Breeze is a separate company and unaffected apparently and will be open on Monday 19th for watching the Funeral on their TV, possibly with the opportunity to toast HMQ one last time. We will watch at home on board if we can see through the tears.

Fingers well crossed?