Is this the right anchor?

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
If you stab the intestines and bowel so there is no trapped gas to create buoyancy then it might just do but it should be well secured not around the ankles as a foot might rot through and the anchor slip off. In the end you will probably be better off just putting the feet into a big bucket of quick setting cement, postcrete should be OK

Dellquay13

Boat at Milford Haven, Home in Chesterfield
Visit site
If you stab the intestines and bowel so there is no trapped gas to create buoyancy then it might just do but it should be well secured not around the ankles as a foot might rot through and the anchor slip off. In the end you will probably be better off just putting the feet into a big bucket of quick setting cement, postcrete should be OK
I though cement or postcrete had a density similar to water, and so a fairly neutral buoyancy? You would need to add lots of aggregate to get some serious density.

noelex

Visit site
The detailed knowledge displayed by members when discussing anchors on this forum is normally gratifying.

In this thread maybe not :).

Last edited:

ANDY_W

Visit site
The biggest problem is not that of ensuring the body will sink. The real problem is that our waters are so infested by fishing trawlers that there is a good chance that the dear departed will be dredged up in fairly short order. One needs to choose a location where the sea bed is so foul that trawlers don't go there. ( Did I ever mention I used to be married? )

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
The biggest problem is not that of ensuring the body will sink. The real problem is that our waters are so infested by fishing trawlers that there is a good chance that the dear departed will be dredged up in fairly short order. One needs to choose a location where the sea bed is so foul that trawlers don't go there. ( Did I ever mention I used to be married? )
I can help you there

How to arrange a burial at sea in the UK marine area