IOW Festival - Mooring Options for Aquastar 38?

Jsy Phil

Visit site
I’m planning to take my Aquastar 38 “AprilRose” from Jersey to the Solent on about 10th June, we have tickets for Sunday 18th June for the IOW Festival as the wife is desperate to see Robbie Williams. The Marinas in Cowes are full and we’re on a wait list, are there any other options to moor on the River Medina or anchor for the day/night, we have drying legs and can take the ground if required. The concert timing doesn’t allow us to take the ferry over as the return isn’t late enough and Accommodation is sparse in the area.
Any assistance would be appreciated please…..

BlueJasper

Visit site
Hi, Yarmouth could be an option and they run shuttles from the bus station to the festival on a regular basis.
And thanks for the UK tour videos, I really enjoyed them!

colhel

Visit site
Cowes is a fair ole treck from the festival site, East Cowes would be more convenient but still a good hours walk. You're right there with Island Harbour, but from what I gather, probably booked up and mega expensive. I do know that some Island Harbour residents would rather leave the area and let their berths out, but how this works with the present issues there, I don't know. Have you thought about staying at Yarmouth and busing in? Probably not much difference time wise than Cowes

Edit. Must've posted the same time as @BlueJasper

Jsy Phil

Visit site
Cowes is a fair ole treck from the festival site, East Cowes would be more convenient but still a good hours walk. You're right there with Island Harbour, but from what I gather, probably booked up and mega expensive. I do know that some Island Harbour residents would rather leave the area and let their berths out, but how this works with the present issues there, I don't know. Have you thought about staying at Yarmouth and busing in? Probably not much difference time wise than Cowes

Edit. Must've posted the same time as @BlueJasper
Thank you for responding, I’ll give Yarmouth a go

creeks

Visit site
Have you considered the Hamble and a rib transfer?
When I checked just now there was still room 11 a.m. Sunday Hamble Point Marina to Island Harbour and a return available Monday 1 p.m. Everything else booked solid though so you'd need to be quick.
You'd need a tent or just make a long night of it of course!

https://www.solentwatertaxi.com/iow-festival

Visit site
I’m planning to take my Aquastar 38 “AprilRose” from Jersey to the Solent on about 10th June, we have tickets for Sunday 18th June for the IOW Festival as the wife is desperate to see Robbie Williams. The Marinas in Cowes are full and we’re on a wait list, are there any other options to moor on the River Medina or anchor for the day/night, we have drying legs and can take the ground if required. The concert timing doesn’t allow us to take the ferry over as the return isn’t late enough and Accommodation is sparse in the area.
You could try getting on the visitors pontoons opposite the Folly or there is an anchorage just south of the Folly pontoons on the western side of the Medina just below Island Harbour. Dinghy ashore to the holding pontoon at Island Harbour and shortish walk up to the festival site…

Elessar

Visit site
Dry out in Newport. Don’t need legs if you go at the far north end. Props sink into gooey mud.
Or the folley pontoon and taxi to island harbour.

Visit site

Attachments

• 8328153D-16AF-49D8-B800-AC7AC1B15211.jpeg
    8328153D-16AF-49D8-B800-AC7AC1B15211.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 24

ashtead

Visit site
If all else fails Ryde harbour and catch the bus or a taxi from Ryde pier head. You should however be able to find somewhere at island harbour (depth won’t be a problem for you I guess or the Folly -maybe contact the Newport harbour master -years ago he was Alan I believe and very helpful but no doubt he might be able to advise re Newport quay etc.