IOM TT week

SABREMAN

Visit site
Sorry to see some people don’t like humour in the forum so now we’ll stay serious.
Has anybody sailed to Douglas on the IOM for the TT week and did they have any problems with berthing, noise,etc? Going over with ones own boat sounds like an eminently better idea as your own bed and beer supply has to be better—or is it?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Lyndon

Visit site
We have been to Douglas for the past 5-6 years for the TT and never had a problem getting a berth, although last year the port authorities were panicking about the amount of boats that were appearing at midnight on the Saturday!
Great entertainment when you get there.

<hr width=100% size=1>

NigeCh

Visit site
Go to Port St Mary (Berthing/rafting up is no problem approx £7 anywhere on the IOM a night). Catch the first bus to Douglas and then take the Special bus to wherever you want to go. (Douglas is always overfull. PSM always has room.)

Yes it's worth it. It's unique. Period.

<hr width=100% size=1>

[448]

Visit site
Go to Ramsey. Usually plenty of room above the swing bridge, where you can lie undisturbed. Don,t forget that you dry out though. Good TT viewing points within 5 minutes walk of the boat. Don't miss the Ramsey sprint, and other non TT biking stuff. I'll be there on Buckshot.
Cheers, Dave

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldsaltoz

Visit site
Ahh the Is O'man TT's,

I have to go back 40 odd years to recall my last visit, when Arial square 4's were rapidly, and unexpectedly converted to 3 cylinders on the up-hill run, and that beautiful shade of TT green makes for great covers these days.

Avagoodweekend. Old Salt Oz /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

PS. welcome to the forums Sabreman...........

<hr width=100% size=1>