Input

byron

RIP
Visit site
Considering the amount of boats on the Thames the input here is abysmal and relies on a few old faithfuls.
Those of you attending rallies this week-end. Can I ask that you tell people about this Forum and how whilst we may not always agree with their input here we do value it.

Brayman

Visit site
I've got four MBM banners in the boot of my car for the Thames Valley Rally, I haven't unrolled them yet but I HOPE the forum in general maybe mentioned.

oldgit

Visit site
As an outsider who has bumped into a few Thames boaters (and islands)on my visits must say the forum is a goldmine of interesting info and should be better supported by the locals,so use it or lose it.

Doolittle

Visit site
It takes some courage to post up on a forum like this. Further, out of 25,000 registered users and 800 guests viewers in an evening, probably less 0.1% actually use this small river called the Thames. Forum users do seem to be a rare breed though it would be fun if all my neighbours got on-line too but then we'd run the risk of being a clique.

I agree with Oldgit, great source of info. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ThreeSummers

Visit site
As a future Thames user I would gladly post here often, problem is I haven't finished building the tub, so don't post (and have no experience of all this lock, that lock, this mooring, that mooring - YET!).

Soon, I'll be on the water, then you'll hate me!!!

EDIT - but I read it often, and find it usefull! - /EDIT

Nautorius

Visit site
Byron,

Having only been on the Thames for half a year I struggle to add as much to this forum as I can to others. I am however an avid reader and with increased knowledge will come increased posting!

Just because we can not post, does not mean we do not care.

Cheers

Paul /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
I don't think Byron is criticising anyone here for NOT posting but rather commenting on how few Thames users actually belong to the forum.
There are over 8000 cruisers registered on the Thames and what we really need is far more of them to get on board so that we can speak with a loud and effective voice when issues important to our boating need an airing.

The $64k question is how to get more of them on the forum.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
>>>
The $64k question is how to get more of them on the forum.
>>>

Would EA do a link from vistthames? The MTYC website links to madonthethames but I could put in a direct link if felt helpful. Things like IWA rally, Thames Valley Rally and later the RNLI bash are probably all good for publicity if the mag/forum wants to push there.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Byron,

Having only been on the Thames for half a year I struggle to add as much to this forum as I can to others. I am however an avid reader and with increased knowledge will come increased posting!

Just because we can not post, does not mean we do not care.

Cheers

Paul /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Paul this wasn't aimed at you... in fact you too are an "old faithful" it is absolutely amazing how many boaters are blissfully unaware of this forum.

Nautorius

Visit site
Thanks Guys,

I misread it as meaning the people on here do not contribute as much. I do agree that we need new contributors to widen the circle so you are spot on there.

Any ideas to get new members and contributors will be welcomed by myself as well,

Cheers

Paul /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TrueBlue

Visit site
You could do worse than print out some of Boat-one-tone's fliers (see his posts above) and hand them out to unsuspecting boaters this weekend - or any other for that matter. Not only would it help to pass the time while you're waiting for the lock to fill / empty / wait in the queue (all you LUCKY people at Bray and "the welsh lock"), but it breaks the ice and gets the conversation going.

You never know if enough folks start using this forum, that nice Mrs McKeever and her cohorts might actually sit up and take notice...

I shall now go and print off loads and loads of the afore-mentioned items 'cos I don't mind prancing up and down on the lockside in my silly hat. No forum burgee, mind as I'm a stealth boater.

Cutter

Visit site
Do drop in from time to time and see what is happening as I live close to Thames but as its not my cruising ground don't feel I should fill your sacred pages with the normal Sbutt or Lounge drivel.
Am excited tho at invitation to go out on a forumites rib and explore. looking forward to that.

Sammo

Visit site
I to am struggling to get my boat in the water….but with just the electrics to do I can see the end of a long refit ..and am hoping to make the rally at Ashmount Towers at the end of the month ….after which I hope to contribute on a regular basis.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I to am struggling to get my boat in the water….but with just the electrics to do I can see the end of a long refit ..and am hoping to make the rally at Ashmount Towers at the end of the month ….after which I hope to contribute on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't lie Sam. If you spent less time sitting on a bollard relating sea stories to youngsters and more time porting your starboard your boat would have been finished months ago.