Info needed on some "old" VHF equipment

birchy65

Hello, I have recently picked up a couple of older VHF radios (for reception on-shore only - not for transmitting) and wondered if anyone had either a set of instructions or some basic pin-out information for the microphone sockets as both need a couple of pins shorting out to enable the speaker but which two?

The radios are as follows

Sealine II (by Demek)

Seavoice Seafarer RT100 (this is a very old crystal operated unit)

Any info would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Ian

Bilgediver

The RT100 mike has a 6 pin mike. If you look at the socket in the radio and starting at the register position and moving anti clock wise call the pin next to the register No 1 and continue to count anti clockwise then the shorted pair are 2 and 3. Number 1 is not connected.

M0ZGB

Bilgediver,

Could you expand a bit more on the mic. wiring for the RT100 please?
I have just got hold of one that needs some work on the radio mic. socket and the mic. lead plug.
There is no sound without the mic. plugged in and when it is, it just lets out a loud whistling sound. PTT appears to work, as the the tone of the whistle alters when it is pressed and powered into a dummy load.
If you (or anyone else) has a wiring diagram, then that would be great.

Thanks,
Jonathan

peterhull

I had a RT100 set some time ago I inherited with a Twister I think. They must be 1970's vintage now (guessing).

It may be the crystals which need checking.

From Memory each crystal represents a channel I think.

I am not an expert on radios but a local amatuer radio club may help

Peter

M0ZGB

Hi Peter
Thanks for the reply.
All sorted now, as a guy on another forum has come up trumps with a manual. It seems the mic. wiring has been altered and bodged up, causing the problems. Should be able to fix it though as I now have a schematic.

Cheers
Jonathan