Inflatable Tender

lanason

Visit site
I'm looking to buy a new inflatable tender for my boat. Ideally about 2.8 meters long (the tender that is not my boat !!!!
I have a 4hp Merc 2 stroke to power it.
What are the options and where can I get a cracking deal ??

Adrian

Any jobs going ??

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
I took the advice of the forum some time back and bought a Valiant 2.8m rib which is very light and I am pleased with.

I would look at thw eight of anything you purchase - carrying them up a beach is no joke.

Paul

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Aasoo,! you agree. Carrying big rib and 25 hp up beach is no laughing matter.>G>
I rest my case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer!!!

Haydn

tcm

Visit site
Re: valiant

aha, yes somebody put gludy onto those valiants. I seem to remeber er not remebering the name, but rembering that they were light.

Anyway, lanson wants an inflatable tender. Inflatable tender eh? Unfortunately this is extremely naff. Not the fact that's it's inflatable, but actually defining it as such. Inflatable tender- I mean, that's like the old gits (such as swmbo's dad) who refers to "motor cars". He also refers to "microcomputers" and calls my car a "shooting break". Yeah, and he even calls CD's "compact discs" and then there's the "television set" and the blimmin "wireless". If he wasn't already an old gimmer he'd get duffed up!

ahem anyway, the more expensive ones are better made than the cheap ones. (this applies to all boaty things actually)

Hope this helps.

DepSol

Visit site
Yeah I have a Wetline 265, great dinghy, has large tubes so you stay dry. Have mine mounted on extended weaver snap davits on back of boat. I use a 3.3 Merc to push it around which is fine. I usually moor in Braye when I am in Alderney and dinghy it around to Saye trolling a Rapala lure behind great fun and get good sized Bass and Pollack on the way.

Dom

I just want my boat back in the water ;-(

ToMo

Just outside Budapest or In the Med (Corfu)
Visit site
language

Well I've heard of 'Love me tender', and have even asked peeps to 'tender their resignation' (ouch!) in the past! - know all about inflated egos (don't we all? <G>) but inflateable tender - well must be something out of of 'Wind in the willows'....Toad comes to mind!!!
TôMö

Freebee

Visit site
I bought a valiant 2.6 and mercury outboard from Ron Hale marine at Portsmouth. They have a website. They gave excellent service and free delivery!

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Before I start this is a serious comment and intended to be genuinely helpful ....
Isn't 2.8 metres a little large to hang off the back of your Holiday? Probably too long to hang off the back on davits and definitely too big to stow on deck so you'd be almost needing to cruise in company with the thing.... ;-)

MoBoChat Images and Profile Pics at www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/mobochat

lanason

Visit site
Yep - Your right (again !!!)

I meant that Kelisha is 2.8 wide so 2.8 is the MAX size of dingy.

I do have Stainless Davits on the back and a bathing platform so supporting 2.8 would just be OK from that point of view i.e. weight on platform and supported by davit. However the weight on the back would slow her down and make it a bit harder to get up on the plane - especially with all the familiy in the stern.
So minimum would be 2.6 ish - max 2.8. I dont fancy lots of trips backwards and forwards with the family ....... SWMBO + four kids..... I guess the 2.6 Wetline would be ideal.

Adrian

Any jobs going ??

G

we run a quicksilver 270 Airdeck as a tender for us and the two kids. It fits nicely on snaps on the Targa (10.5' beam). The inflatable keel does a fine job, and is lighter than a mini rib. We push ours along with an 8hp Yamaha (weighs 27kg), and it's brisk enuf for me to try towing the kids in a biscuit...

Four kids might be a squeeze in anything, frankly, but it depends on how small they are.