In and out of Schengen

theWAFU

www.thewafu.com
I am currently in Spain and will be trapped by the 90/180 rule. The plan is to sail east to Corfu next spring to spend the 1st tranch of 90/180 there then head up to Albania Croatia Montenegro for the remaining 90 days and winter in Venice. 2022 will mean heading back to the Ionian heading for Turkey to do the

Does anyone know when Croatia will become part of the Schengen area it is still unclear? and how we stamp in and out of countries with passports it's going to be expensive, beaurocratic but I'm happy to cruise. Your thoughts and comments are most welcome.

I'm still trying to work out why Brexit was a good idea but that's the topic of another thread and has been done to death.

st599

Visit site
The RYA said in their webinar that you will have to check in and out of Schengen but the implementation was at national level. Their examples were that Germany already has a system whereby most marinas can do it but they were expecting cruisers to France to have to visit a Port of Entry when they arrive and leave.

Metabarca

Visit site
Croatia is very rigorous about checking in and out, and how many people are on board. Not all the ports have check-in facilities from abroad, and not all ports have a harbourmaster (with whom you must immediately register any crew changes). As to when Croatia will be in Schengen, I'm not sure, but it's not more than a year or two down the line.

Alicatt

Visit site
The Eastern Med is going to fill up with British boats this year. Everyone I know is planing to end up in Croatia.
My son takes has been taking his boat there for a number of years now, he was also contemplating putting a static caravan there too, this year has been the first year that he has not gone there due to us all being locked down in Belgium.

Star-Lord

Visit site
It's been two years last time we had a winter there , haul,out €80 , clean and polish of the top sides €60 plus the wax and polish , marina for the winter contract €500 for six months .
Petty good I say .
The three most popular marinas in Tunisia (Yasmine, Monastair, Kantoui) are increasing prices by quite a bit it seems Jan 1st 2021.