IMOCA’s - more good results for both Sam’s

flaming

Visit site
The Vendee is going to be absolutely epic. One thing that the advent of the big foils has done is to actually make having a new boat less important than having new foils. Paradoxically that's actually brought the fleet closer together in performance terms than ever before, as everyone is now running pretty similar foils, and generally it's been worked out how to mode the boats to get the best performance out of them.

Whilst the new build boats with the most experienced skippers will undoubtedly start as favourites, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some older boats in the mix.

paris

Visit site
The Vendee is going to be absolutely epic. One thing that the advent of the big foils has done is to actually make having a new boat less important than having new foils. Paradoxically that's actually brought the fleet closer together in performance terms than ever before, as everyone is now running pretty similar foils, and generally it's been worked out how to mode the boats to get the best performance out of them. Whilst the new build boats with the most experienced skippers will undoubtedly start as favourites, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some older boats in the mix.
The Vendee is going to be absolutely epic. One thing that the advent of the big foils has done is to actually make having a new boat less important than having new foils. Paradoxically that's actually brought the fleet closer together in performance terms than ever before, as everyone is now running pretty similar foils, and generally it's been worked out how to mode the boats to get the best performance out of them. Whilst the new build boats with the most experienced skippers will undoubtedly start as favourites, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some older boats in the mix.

I agree (twice somehow!). I suppose once you get the foil generating lift the hull shape becomes less critical. All the helms are superstars

doris

Visit site
I agree (twice somehow!). I suppose once you get the foil generating lift the hull shape becomes less critical. All the helms are superstars
I wonder what percentage of the VG is helmed by a human rahter than the AP?