If anyone has trouble with Yarmouth HM Booking ...

G

I take a liberty here and assume that Sharon won't mind too much .......

Please PM "Windfall" ... and if a number of boats can club together to keep HM happy - that is the answer ....

From the message I re-printed etc. here from Yarmouth HM - I understood that from end March 2006 - individual bookings are accepted ... so why can't they jot 'em down now and make sure you all get in ?????

Bl...y hell - this could be one of the biggest do's for a long time !!!

Windfall

Visit site
Thats ok...but like Nigel I don't really want to get stuck for £60 if you turn into a load of no-shows!

I'm bringing another boat with me so that's 2 of the 5 sorted....can i persuade another 3 to stump up in advance?

This is the Solent we're talking about...you can get to Yarmouth come hell or high water!

Otherwise you can email now (see other thread) and they will contact you when they are prepared to take individual bookings for the walk-ashore pontoons - which will be more expensisve but prices haven't been agreed yet.

I look forward to an avalanche of pms now! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

oh and I'd just like to say well done Nigel...I used to organise rallys for my sailing club and it was always a complete nightmare to arrange and that was with people I knew and saw weekly!

Hang in there....it'll be alright on the night

Sharon

G

Re: Nigel - your PM box is full

Thanks ... Stemar - did wonder where you got to !!!!

Looks like if Harbour Master ius connecting pontoon to shore at West end ... blimey - I think next event will be with them - not Hayles !!!

Windfall

Visit site
OK I\'m up to three boats for a booking with the harbour master

now we only need another 2 and then i can see if i can persuade the harbour master that we are a 'yacht club!'

so come on, don't be shy....

my mailbox is ready and waiting.

Sharon

G

Yacht Club ....

There are four of us "portly" chaps on the forum who are members of the FBYC ... Fat B.....s Yacht Club ... with burgees / rugby shirts / caps etc.....

FBYC5.jpg

But he may not appreciate the joke ....

Fingers crossed and anyway - I'm sure we can get you in .... even if I have to book a few days before .....

Windfall

Visit site
Re: And rising!

Right up to four of us now for a booking.....only one more needed and I'll have a chat with Brynn the Harbour Master.

G

5th Boat ...

HM wants a deposit and also details for each boat ... he's already spotted that one ! In fact if it came to it - I don't think a quid from a few people would go amiss to cover the 5th boat slot ... but details ??

Col

Visit site
Re: OK I\'m up to three boats for a booking with the harbour master

Do you need me to send you some dosh yet??

Windfall

Visit site
OK we\'re booked!

5 boats on the walk ashore pontoon for Sat.night

They're sending me a booking form and i need a £5 deposit from everyone withn the next week. I also need boat names, length & draft & probably skipper's name too.

If you want Friday night you'll have to book that yourself. Speak to Penny she's really helpful and she knows all about it.

My email address is sharondotlambdenatntldotcom substituting a fullstop for dot and @ for at.

I'm expecting to hear from VicMallows, Etap-owner & Col.

if anyone else wants to come along jump aboard now as they are expecting a busy weekend and at the moment we are at the head of the queue!

Yippee

Windfall

Visit site
Re: OK we\'re booked!

We'll I guess once you're in ... but it's probably worth a call to Penny anyway....they're still not sure what they're really doing with bookings and we've kind of sneaked in. But like I say, she's been very helpful and they know all about us now...I've described us as the YBW.com rally.

G

You\'re wonderful .........

I knew you'd get there ....

Will be hopefully in Yarmouth Thursday 23 March ... will have a chat with them just to make sure ....

excellent.

Windfall

Visit site
Re: You\'re wonderful .........

Why thank you!

Buy not really, I just find persistance and a pleasant manner can get you most places.

They are still in a bit of a muddle about how the booking system is going to work but I think we got in at just the right time. I couldn't get them to book Vic & Etap-owner for Friday as they want five boats for that too! But they (Vic & Etap-owner) can book Friday night as individuals.

Penny also promised that as we are a rally, she'll put us all together for Sat. and the really good news is that there is no extra charge for the walk ashore facility.

Just need to organise the pennies now and all will be well. There's some confusion over my email address - so I'll put it again sharon . lambden @ ntlworld . com (close up the gaps!)

Etap-owner I can't get through on your email either!

Sharon

G

Yarmouth ....

I always liked the staff at Yarmouth ... always helpful and in busy periods it must be crazy for them ...

But the confusion of one saying yes and another saying rec'd club only ....

I guessed that a Lady's charm would win thru ... so faith in Yarmouth has been restored !!

Excellent.