Ibiza/Formentera Mooring Buoys

Ferrets

Visit site
Hi,

We are hoping to get up to Ibiza towards the end of this month, if as expected restrictions are lifted to do so. I am aware of the CBBA site for booking mooring buoys around the islands but haven't used it yet. I did notice that there are a number of rules for using the moorings, including that "it is forbidden to leave an unmanned vessel in the buoy field". We will be travelling as a family of four and the kids will be keen to get out and explore. Any ideas for what we might do to get the entire family to the beach without having to leave somebody on the boat?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi,

We are hoping to get up to Ibiza towards the end of this month, if as expected restrictions are lifted to do so. I am aware of the CBBA site for booking mooring buoys around the islands but haven't used it yet. I did notice that there are a number of rules for using the moorings, including that "it is forbidden to leave an unmanned vessel in the buoy field". We will be travelling as a family of four and the kids will be keen to get out and explore. Any ideas for what we might do to get the entire family to the beach without having to leave somebody on the boat?
We don't use mooring buoys but at a guess I would say many just go ashore .

steveallan

Visit site
Hi,

It is not a problem it's to stop people leaving a boat for days.

differentroads

blog.offbeatsadventures.com
It's always been fine when I've gone on trips ashore when using the government bouys.

In one of them I watched a liveaboard scuttle ashore at 3pm just before the 'vigilante' came to collect the fee. Oddly, two days running, he didn't collect from me. A Spanish friend living on board in that mooring field said he never collects from full time cruisers, just charterers!

In contrast, his younger colleague who patrolled Espalmador and Salinas on Ibiza was dead keen to explain the value to the ecology of the Posidonia sea grass and I saw her helping sailors to drop anchor in tiny patches of sand at the periphery of both mooring fields.

The good news is that there are tons of gorgeous places to anchor for free in the Balearics. Last year I managed to spend 5 months in over 45 anchorages and used only 13 marinas. Navily is great for finding tgem