I have moved my boat to Debbages.

fredrussell

Visit site
Well, after spending most of my sailing life (all 5 years of it!) with boat on a swinging mooring at Pin Mill, I have taken the plunge and put it in Debbages. I've actually had the boat there for the last two winters and I just like the place. Its close to town and yet very quiet down there. I like that its not millionaire row, and the people running it are very helpful. My decision was 'helped along a bit' by my mooring at Pin Mill being removed by APB last year (long story), but mainly I'm looking forward to being able to get those family and friends that are not able to climb onto a boat from tender aboard more easily.

Early days of course, but I'm looking forward to looking down my nose at you swinging mooring types from now on, at least until the money runs out - which will probably be quite soon to be honest.

matthewriches

www.matthewriches.co.uk
I simply couldn't do with the hassle of a swinging mooring. Having to get there, drag a tender out, cack around with getting out to the boat, going aboard, getting everything off, doing boating and then having to reverse the arrival procedure. That would make me very miserable very quickly.

I've just about got the attention span to turn 2 engines on and untie some ropes :(

Might pop in for a coffee (or the welcome party) then if you're about Saturday afternoon as need to drop some stuff off to a customer.

pvb

Visit site
I simply couldn't do with the hassle of a swinging mooring. Having to get there, drag a tender out, cack around with getting out to the boat, going aboard, getting everything off, doing boating and then having to reverse the arrival procedure. That would make me very miserable very quickly.

I have to agree, and I know my wife would never come on to the boat if it were on a swinging mooring. Oh, hang on.....

PetiteFleur

Visit site
I would love to have a pontoon mooring but finances dictate I stick with my swinging mooring, and it's nice being in the middle of the river, nice & quiet.

Champagne Murphy

Visit site
We quite like a swinging mooring, at least, as long as we have the strength. Easier on and off the mooring, more secure, in fact we found more likely to sail after one season on a pontoon

MikeBz

Visit site
We quite like a swinging mooring, at least, as long as we have the strength. Easier on and off the mooring, more secure, in fact we found more likely to sail after one season on a pontoon

Plus you if you want to just sit on your boat for a few hours enjoying the peace and quiet you don't have to choose between moving the boat or sitting in the equivalent of a car park. I appreciate the advantages of a marina berth in terms of ease of access, but I'd rather have a decent swinging mooring any day.

Denek

Visit site
Swinging morning for me. Until I get to old anyway. Just love the peace and quiet. Mind you we are at Suffolk yacht Harbour this year so close to the docks. May not be so quiet.

johnalison

Visit site
We had 15 years on a swinging mooring at Maylandsea which I look back on as some of the happiest times we had on the boat. Transfer was no great chore when we were young, and we could always bring the boat up to the pontoons for water or a big pack-up. I knew little about bird life at the time but wish that I had taught myself more at the time when I was so well placed.