I had a moment of sanity.

burgundyben

Visit site
I had sort of come to the conclusion that the very rotten Huntsman was far too rotten and that even at 700 sov's I was biting off more than I could chew, so there Iwas dreaming up feasible ways of backing out of my offer when the guy foned me back to say 700 not enuff, he wanted 850, so I said, never mind you can keep it, thanks, but no thanks, click buzzzz.

See a moment of sanity. Who needs two Huntsman 28's anyway.

Progress good, new curvey windscreens arrive on weekend, woo hoo!!

<hr width=100% size=1>"Who was he?"

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue> 700 squids for a Huntsman? Am I reading right?

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

tcm

Visit site
Re: Huntsman or not?

I understand that the surveyor spotted that it wasn't actually a Fairey Huntsman, but actually a big leaky pointy-shaped plywood box full of Fablon, a busted engine and some old wiffy curtains! Subtle difference, difficult to spot. And shows the wisdom of always having a proper survey!

burgundyben

Visit site
yes, you are reading right, and 700 quid is a faire reflection of its condition, given that good ones are about 35k.

burgundyben

Visit site
er, well Pete, assume 5000 hrs (yes, five thousand) to put all the wood work right at say, oh, 20 quid an hour, plus engines, wiring, windows, re-chrome, 10 grand for a proper paint job, you might get it done for 150k unless you were thinking of doing it yourself....

oldgit

Visit site
Re: 101 things to do with old wooden boats

Only 850 quid ?My woodbuner can take bits of wood about 12"x12" how long would it take to reduce the boat to suitiable size bits.If I supply sacks will the owner deliver/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Oooh look its still not dark and its nearly 5pm

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>Blimey Ben it must be a total wreck. Any photos you can show us?

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk