Hurth HBW 100-2R gearbox drain plug

Visit site
Hi everyone.
I came to drain my gearbox oil yesterday and upon taking the plug out, noticed the flats of the head were pretty chewed up. Someone in the past had obviously used the wrong sides spanner!
Would anyone know what thread it will be or where I could possibly get another one please? I had a quick look on ASAP and Parts4engines, but sadly I couldn’t find one.

Very many thanks in advance.
Regards,
Pedro.

Visit site
Just had another look on ASAP, still can’t locate it. There’s dozens of plugs which are bsp, but until the thread size has been identified, I don’t want to get the wrong one.

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
Hello Pedro I assume you know that all Hurth gearboxes were replaced by ZF Gears, yours will be the new ZF12, its almost a straight swop if you need to replace the Hurth box in the future

Visit site
Hi. I didn’t know that, but thank you for letting me know!. We’re debating going electric, so if anything serious goes wrong, we might be going down that route. But until they’re more proven in yachts, we might still be using the good old Perkins!

DownWest

Visit site
Not an answer for your specific question, but a local friend mucked up the sump thread on his disco. Looking at the price of a fresh sump:oops: he asked me.
Bought a box of bits of e-bay. It comprises a series of thread taps and several plugs for each. So, you just re-tap the hole to the next size up and fit the appropiate plug. Very quick and the whole box cost £14 odd.
Just looked, six different sizes and six plugs for each.

penfold

Visit site
Measure the old plug and then we can ID the thread for you; diameter and thread pitch/threads per inch should narrow it down.