how to check out of Norway for Denmark

TSailors

Visit site
hi . I'm almost to Kristiansand with my boat . does anyone know what the procedure is for leaving the country with the newly acquired 1986 comfortina 32?

Many thanks

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
hi . I'm almost to Kristiansand with my boat . does anyone know what the procedure is for leaving the country with the newly acquired 1986 comfortina 32?

Many thanks
Interesting question, I am guessing but if you are heading for a Shengan country you won't need your passport stamping but if heading for a non Shengan country you will. In the absence of any other information a visit to a customs officer is the best advice I can offer.
Have a good trip and my apologies for doubting you recently. Have you decided how you are going to manage the 90 /180 buggeration factor.

TSailors

Visit site
Many thanks ! I'll search for the customs just in case I'm missing some document before I leave here . I'm going to keep going for another 3 weeks and put her on the hard for winter .

Regards

srm

Visit site
Its a long time ago, pre Brexit, but my Canadian wife and I checked in to Norway, which is a Schengen country, at the town's police station. We were asked our cruising plans, which were Norway/Denmark/Norway/UK. We left Norway for Denmark from an anchorage near Kristiansand without informing anyone. Three months later we were back in Norway and checked out at the police station from a different town.

dunedin

Visit site
The key thing going from Norway to Denmark will not be the people aspect (both Schengen) but the boat as it presumably is not EU VAT paid - so when you enter Denmark you start the clock on the 18 months temporary import limit.
Not sure what the formal TI process would be, but I would certainly document conclusively my last day in Norway (ie before entering the EU), at least with marina receipt and photos.

But have you now started doing some serious advance planning ? (Because bluntly you ignored all the previous forum warnings and would be a shame to make the same mistakes).
As soon as you enter Denmark the 18 month clock is ticking until you leave the EU again. Perhaps if non UK resident you can do so via the UK. But otherwise you need to get to Africa or Turkey before the 18 months is out. Which sounds fine, except due to the 90/180 by laying up in the EU you could lose 12 of the 18 months and have just one set of 90 days to do your travels. Is that enough?

I may have gotten this wrong, but you really really really need to do some forward planning BEFORE you leave Norway.

Tranona

Visit site
Management of TA is handled at state customs level. The directive is lacking in detail and allows some discretion. For example some states such as Greece do not count the time the boat is not in use. They are able to do that because every visiting boat needs a cruising permit so they can track boats easily. When you leave the boat you hand the papers into the port police and the clock stops.

So you need to speak to customs when you clear into Denmark to establish exactly what you have to do to meet the rules.

dunedin

Visit site
Management of TA is handled at state customs level. The directive is lacking in detail and allows some discretion. For example some states such as Greece do not count the time the boat is not in use. They are able to do that because every visiting boat needs a cruising permit so they can track boats easily. When you leave the boat you hand the papers into the port police and the clock stops.

So you need to speak to customs when you clear into Denmark to establish exactly what you have to do to meet the rules.
True. But I fear the issue might not be the TI process which I think is quite simple, but the forward planning of how the use of the 18 months for boat aligns with use of 90/180 days for people.
Generally people enter EU in spring if year 1, over winter then have year 2 summer before having to exit.
Starting with a winter layup gives only one period for sailing, unless can reset boat clock (eg in UK if non resident)?

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
True. But I fear the issue might not be the TI process which I think is quite simple, but the forward planning of how the use of the 18 months for boat aligns with use of 90/180 days for people.
Generally people enter EU in spring if year 1, over winter then have year 2 summer before having to exit.
Starting with a winter layup gives only one period for sailing, unless can reset boat clock (eg in UK if non resident)?
Easy he resets the boat clock at Gib or N Africa but in any case probably won't need to.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
But the OP needs to be sure he could get that far in 90 days - including weather and breakage stops. That is what I mean by "planning".
From Denmark to Gib is easy in 90 days starting May, if he lays up in the next few weeks it also gets him his full 90 days in the EU. Once around the corner he will have to manage his own time in the EU which will be more problematic than the boats but by that time he will have a lot more experience and hopefully feel more confident about extended sailing rather than day sailing.

Tranona

Visit site
Yes that was all explained to him in an earlier thread. This is specifically about customs procedure and because it is key to making the plan work and its implementation is variable it is yet another factor to take into account in planning. However he is likely to find out the implications only as he goes along. For example the rules say the boat must be registered outside the EU and yet here he is planning to enter the EU with a Polish registered. Will the Danish customs ignore this?

capnsensible

Visit site
From Denmark to Gib is easy in 90 days starting May, if he lays up in the next few weeks it also gets him his full 90 days in the EU. Once around the corner he will have to manage his own time in the EU which will be more problematic than the boats but by that time he will have a lot more experience and hopefully feel more confident about extended sailing rather than day sailing.
That's a couple of weeks trip for a delivery crew. But they miss out on the joys of paying loadsa money for moorings and tangling with customs and immigration every day. :D