How do you process the bill of sale

scurr

Visit site
Hi folks,

Anyone had to get a bill of sale processed recently? I'm more than a little confused at the process...

N.B. The part 3 reg on the boat I bought expired in Feb.

My confusion comes from looking at the Bill of sale doc and reading https://assets.publishing.service.g...2f/Maritime___Coastguard_Agency_fees_2018.pdf vs. reading this Change of Owner Small Ships Register (Part 3) | UK Ship Register
  • Via the former, I would be looking at £153 to renew the reg, and then £72 for processing the bill of sale. Posting the forms to Cardif, although apparently one can be emailed.
  • The latter would be paying £35 online (gov.uk) and emailing the docs.
Adding to the confusion is the MSF 4701 doc lists a different email address for submission that the website, and the bill of sale has the same postal address as the 4701 but no email address.

So hence asking if anyone has done this recently, and can tell me what they did for a small sailing boat (11 metres)...

Cheers,
Rob

Tranona

Visit site
You are confusing Part 1 with Part 3. The second link is relevant to you. send the BoS with £35. Largely meaningless as Part 3 is not a register of title - they just want confirmation that ownership has changed and you are eligible to register the boat on Part 3

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
You only need Part 1 or 3 if you intend to take your boat overseas.

Saying that I have seen some tiny motor boats that would fit in your bath with SSR numbers (Part 3).

Dellquay13

Boat at Milford Haven, Home in Chesterfield
Visit site
You only need Part 1 or 3 if you intend to take your boat overseas.

Saying that I have seen some tiny motor boats that would fit in your bath with SSR numbers (Part 3).
I’ve taken a few little SSR motorboats to Europe, it’s quick, easy and the crossing times are almost always as planned, when you trail your little boat on a cross channel ferry. None of that messing around with tidal diamonds and plotting an S shaped course…