hot water

gonfishing

Visit site
my proposed new(to me ) boat only has presureised cold water how can hot water be installed? i have a spare hot water heater from a caravan can i use that ?or is it not safe/allowed.
your thoughts
please
regards
julian

<hr width=100% size=1>oooh, i'll be fishing soon.

G

Can't recommend that sort of thing. Before you know it, you'll be turning into a ditch sailor. Besides, they're probably not safe.

Get a calorifier and plumb it into your engine cooling system. It may be a bit more work to get the pump and pipework in, but it's a better solution in the long run.

<hr width=100% size=1>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>The gas geysers (Ascot type) can be installed but you will need to obey rigorous rules to comply with BSS regs., indeed so much so that you will find it less effort to install a Calorifier.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
there was an article in sailing today on hot deck showers
i can send it if you want.,

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

colvic

Visit site
We have used a "Jolly" boiler for several years now. It has a balanced flue so air for combustion is taken from outside no no chance of boat filling with gas as everything is sealed. Auto ignition, two temperature choices, auto fail-safe.

Only down side is that sometimes it does get blown out in high winds.

A calorifier works out cheaper to buy and installation is easy...only have to run an engine to get hot water..though you can get a 1Kw. immersion heater to fit into the calorifier when in the marina.

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: yot error

err i think it was a bit more sophisticated than that
there was a candle and a length of copper pipe mentioned too ;-)

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

G

Cos I was never happy with one in a caravan, either. Just don't get on with small gas boilers in enclosed spaces, for some reason...

Besides, the nice man's buying a stinkie, so there'll always be an engine running, with the option of an immersion on shore power. Nothing quite like a hot shower on the way home from the beach at 25kts. But don't try shaving at that speed...

<hr width=100% size=1>

colvic

Visit site
I know 2hat you mean about a gas applkiance in a small space, that's why I would only ever use a balanced flue type.

Not sure about a shower at 25knotts...what happens when you drop the soap?

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Can you boil a live lobster in them

Where can I get a decent lobster?

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

What happens when I drop the soap? Nothing. What sort of people do you think I sail with???

We're Stinkie's, you know...

<hr width=100% size=1>