Honwave inflatable floor questions/problem ?

Oscarpop

Visit site
We have a honwave 24 inflatable floored tender.

The inflatable floor seems to lose pressure over a period of weeks. The dinghy tubes however lose no air.
I am fairly sure it's not a puncture, as I believe it would deflate faster

I went to see the honda people at the boat show and they said that there is normally some sand or grit in the valve which allows air out. However I've checked both and they seem clear.

We have a paddle board which is inflated to 25 psi, and that loses no air, so I don't think its the increased pressure in the floor.

Any ideas?

Ta

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
We have a honwave 24 inflatable floored tender.

The inflatable floor seems to lose pressure over a period of weeks. The dinghy tubes however lose no air.
I am fairly sure it's not a puncture, as I believe it would deflate faster

I went to see the honda people at the boat show and they said that there is normally some sand or grit in the valve which allows air out. However I've checked both and they seem clear.

We have a paddle board which is inflated to 25 psi, and that loses no air, so I don't think its the increased pressure in the floor.

Any ideas?

Ta

Not trying to be clever but if it's loosing pressure it must be loosing air.

The only way you will find where is through bubbles so I would pump it up to it's maximum pressure and then fill the tender with water until the floor, seams and valves are completely covered. Then watch very closely for an hour or so. A bit of washing up liquid will help the bubble, and it might be one bubble every few seconds, to stick around a bit longer.

If you see nothing you have to do the other side. More difficult so even more washing up liquid in all the hollows and more patience required.

Richard

Oscarpop

Visit site
I agree that checks for a leak is the next stage. However, two things make me think that it's not a puncture. First, we punctured ( accidentally) a lilo with a pin last year. The lilo was no where near as high a pressure as the honda floor, and it deflated far faster than the Honda.

Secondly, the Honda floor has 2 independent sides, with two valves. They both deflate, so we would need to have 2 punctures.

Oscarpop

Visit site
It's 3 years old.

Some more research on he Internet, and apparently you need to tighten the valves, using a tool which I have now found in the repair kit.
I found a video on how to remove, clean and the. Tighten the valves.
I didn't kniw you could do his.

http://youtu.be/sXSdzpzfMS0

There you go

typhoonNige

Visit site
It's 3 years old.

Some more research on he Internet, and apparently you need to tighten the valves, using a tool which I have now found in the repair kit.

There you go

Our ageing Waveline dinghy was recently given a reprieve from the skip after I removed and cleaned all the valves. It still looks carp and is sticky but it hasn't needed the pump for over a week now. I also put a very thin smear of silicone grease over the valve o-rings and seals after cleaning. As i didn't have the valve removal tool I used the opened jaws of my snipe nosed pliers to undo the valves. Risky perhaps, but it worked

Trop Cher

Visit site
It's 3 years old.

There you go

That's interesting as the floor on my Honwave loses air/pressure also, generally within a week, but I don't recognise the tool used in the video. I'll have to have a look in the wee tool pouch.
Please let us know how you get on.

HenryEDM

Visit site
That's interesting as the floor on my Honwave loses air/pressure also, generally within a week, but I don't recognise the tool used in the video. I'll have to have a look in the wee tool pouch.
Please let us know how you get on.

The honwave tool is a plastic wrench that fits inside the valve rather than a metal spanner like the on in the video

Lakesailor

Visit site
Does this help?

honda-bf2-3.jpg

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I agree that checks for a leak is the next stage. However, two things make me think that it's not a puncture. First, we punctured ( accidentally) a lilo with a pin last year. The lilo was no where near as high a pressure as the honda floor, and it deflated far faster than the Honda.

Secondly, the Honda floor has 2 independent sides, with two valves. They both deflate, so we would need to have 2 punctures.

That's an interesting one. We have a SunSport ARIB, same construction as the Honwave. One of our hulls has recently deflated, definitely no puncture. I will have a look at the valve.