Hong Kong Sails-again!

chasroberts

Visit site
I'm just about to part with some hard earned cash to HK sails. I've searched back and can't find any negative comments. Can anyone give me any info on dealings they've had with this company and general thoughts, please?

Suppose I just want to be pushed one way or the other really ......

All replies greatfully received.

Chas

<hr width=100% size=1>Semper in excretum sum. Sole profundum variat!

Talbot

Visit site
Havent seen any of their sails, but understand that there was a pbo article about cheaper sails a few years ago. consensus was that material was fine and shape ok, but there were some obvious short cuts that would be a problem in the long run, IIRC the UV sacrificial strip was not added as a separate part that had no other task than beingh easily removed, but was rather an integral part of the sail.

Personnally I have had most of my sails made by Arun and reckon they are a good compromise between cost and quality.

<hr width=100% size=1>

cliff

Visit site
Why not go to the Hamble? - UK Sailmakers - Same company now
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.uksailmakers.com/hongkong.html> Hong Kong</A>

<hr width=100% size=1>
hammer.thumb.gif
Stay put when I hit you!

AIDY

www.ybw.com
We also looked at HK sails a couple of months ago but for a c chute, but opted for a kemp one instead made from old colours, personally don't think you can go too far wrong with a cheaper c chute / kite. But from experience of cheaper genoas and main sails they are not cut as good as more expensive Hood or aruns sail.

If you spent lots of time tweaking sails spend a bit more cash and get a better sail.

Its a good time of year to get a deal on a sail, from a sail loft, not much work on.

<hr width=100% size=1>/forums/images/icons/wink.gif <font color=blue> Regards Andy </font color=blue>

brianhumber

Visit site
Can only add my agreement about Arun. The material selected on their advice for main and genys seems to be holding up well to the use I put them through.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jsl

Visit site
I have two new sails from them this season: so far, so good, though I am a bit puzzled by the sheeting position required by the 150% genoa. pm me if you want to discuss further.

<hr width=100% size=1>