Hole Haven

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Have not been there for many years.

Is it still possible to pick up a mooring there or maybe anchor ?

I only need a metre with the keel up.
TIA

PeterWright

Visit site
Hi Snowgoose,

I didn't get up the Deben last year but did in 2022 and the rocks remained, as ever, free of mooring buoys but with space to anchor for a number of yachts. Moorings for visitors are available a bit downriver at Ramsholt and upriver at Waldringfield, but the Waldringfield ones, I believe, are limited to 35 ft. LOA.

Peter.

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Hi Snowgoose,

I didn't get up the Deben last year but did in 2022 and the rocks remained, as ever, free of mooring buoys but with space to anchor for a number of yachts. Moorings for visitors are available a bit downriver at Ramsholt and upriver at Waldringfield, but the Waldringfield ones, I believe, are limited to 35 ft. LOA.

Peter.
Thanks Peter. Good to know.
My apologies, I didn't make the request properly clear.
The creek is close to Canvey Island.
Holehaven Creek - Wikipedia

Plum

Visit site
Why would you want to?
Many years ago I used to pick up a moorng in Holehaven to wait for the next flood when going up to St Kats but the entrance to the creek was gradually silting up so although you could remain afloat in the creek you could no longer get out at low water to catch the start of the flood. This reduced the usefulness of the moorings.

Cantata

Visit site
The Coastwatch team used to have a hut there on a jetty, now gone. In the hut they had a detailed survey map of the entrance. There wasn't a lot of water there then, several years ago, and as Plum says the creek has really lost its use as a stopover on passage up the Thames.
The Coastwatch team re-established as 'Coastwatch Canvey', located close outside the boat park at Island YC on the E end of the island. Might be worth contacting them in case they still have that chart.

galeus

Visit site
We have picked up a mooring here and anchored quite a few times and love it. It makes a useful stage to get the tide where you want it for going upstream, even as far as Teddington. On a big spring tide you can get a bit of wash off the shipping, but you can go a bit further upstream to help counter this. We draw 2'6'' and more than easily stay afloat. We actively seek it out as a lovely mooring that is surprisingly peaceful and full of interest.

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Perhaps there is still some life to it.
The pub/restaurant is just over the sea wall which was handy. You could also explore the creeks in the dinghy under the bridge. Carrying on in the dinghy , you could visit the outboard museum in the country park. Not sure if it is still there though.

Plum

Visit site
Perhaps there is still some life to it.
The pub/restaurant is just over the sea wall which was handy. You could also explore the creeks in the dinghy under the bridge. Carrying on in the dinghy , you could visit the outboard museum in the country park. Not sure if it is still there though.
Unfortunately, the motorboat museum closed 15 years ago.