Help understanding my new solar set up

Crisby

Visit site
your master volt is probably confused by the float voltage 13.8. I'll bet the 10A you see as charge is actually 10A being used by your boat. Switch everything off and look at the "charge" current. Ill be it's milliamps.
Thanks Buck and sorry for the slow response, the Mastervolt shows either positive or negative amps which I take to mean charge or discharge. We had another night with shorepower recently and since then the batteries have remained at 90%+ with the solar charging alone so I’m thinking that maybe it is just the new setup settling down and tweaking the settings has helped.

Chris

Crisby

Visit site
I have downloaded the Victron manual for the 100/50. The rotary switch bypasses the settings available on the Victron app.

The rotary switch has a very conservative charge setting, which may be causing your undercharging.

What brand of batteries do you have? I can suggest some new settings using the app, which may fix the problem. If not, at least you know the problem lies elsewhere.
The batteries are BP LPS 115-12 sealed agm but everything seems to be settling down now and charging as I had hoped. I had tweaked the settings and tried reverting to the default settings, something has worked, I just wish I understood what it was!!

Chris

Attachments

• LPS12-115.pdf
    924.6 KB · Views: 1