Help Me!

joanne2

Visit site
Please can somebody help me - As you all have such fantastic 'boating pictures' next to your names please could you let me know how and where I have to go to do this as I would like to be able to put a picture of our boat on line. I hope this is an o.k question even if it is not a technical boat question but I am not really into engines etc., just having fun with my family on our boat.

Thanks - Joanne

jfm

Visit site
You put your pic on B1's website. www.arweb.co.uk then click gallery. Instructions are there. Then you have a url for your pic. Copy that url to your user profile

Alternatively, if you find a suitable pic already on the www, eg from a brochure or something, just right click the pic, then properties, then get its url, and enter (copy and paste) that to your user profile

byron

RIP
Visit site
Whoa! You have to re-size the piccie first so it meets the criteria laid down by IPC. Boatone will help you there Joanne.

http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

EME

www.lumishore.com
Only thing jfm missed is turning piccie into a thumbnail...if you haven't already done so. Do this before sticking on Boatone's site

download this...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.fookes.com>http://www.fookes.com</A>

<font color=black>I am WHAT I say I am

tcm

Visit site
Re: dolt\'s method

1. invite boatone (poster hereabouts) for a spin out on your boat.

That's it. He arrives with camera costing more than a car and can take a zillion pic and puts up all nicely sorted with the complicated wassername puters stuff.

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
i have wanted to ask this question for a while
i donot want a pic but merely out of interest

as totally expected i have not an idea what any nof the answersd mean or how to carry them out. i cannpt down load any programmes and i donot know how to convert a pic to a thumbnail and then post it on a web.
anyway at least i have some more jargon i can use.

Come on brain.get this over and i can go back to killing you with beer

coliholic

Visit site

Well you're right and wrong at the same time here tcm. Sure he's got a GT camera with twin turbo's and loads of bells and whistles and says he took 450 piccies in the three days we're away, but have you seen a piccie yet? 'Cos I haven't.

I reckon it's all a bluff and he forgot to put one of those little filmy type cassete things in his camera. So you'll have to invite him again so he take some more pics.

tcm

Visit site

ah but see you just don't understand. See, he teaches all about photoshop and suchlike at night school.

So the class homework is to eff about with piccies of you nearly falling off things, you frying old spuds and pretending that it's food, woried piccies of me driving (in fact due to wincing at high volume 70's rock music or praps paying for the diesel).

There might even be piccies of the fab saturday night out in Viareggio when we hit the town and picked up a couple of um bottles of milk and then returned to spend a salacious evening adjusting the fenders, and copping off with a couple a slim black pieces (of rope) which i spose rather explains why not one of us got a call from worried swmbo to check up on us ahem.

Anyway, the students have to load loadem on a website and think up some captions. So it mite be until next week when the piccies return, with witty captions involving clever-clever use of the words "leopard" and "lard" getting high marks.

anyway if u have a look at italian job or boatones recent postings he has a whole load of ammo to shoot us down in flames at a moments notice with two on the boater gallery

coliholic

Visit site

Doh! Looks like I was wrong.

Got B1 on the phone NOW and he's given me a sneak preview of the piccies.

And I'm not saying anything.

coliholic

Visit site
Re: teehee (nm)

I just knew that winding him up a bit would galvanise him into action and actually make him post the piccies. Pretty sure he'd forgotten all about them. Well that's my story anyway.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Re: teehee (nm)

You havent inproved much since we got back then? Art cannot be rushed you know ! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boatsontheweb.com/galleryframes.html> BoatsOnTheWeb and Boaters Photo Gallery</A>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
well it took me a while to log on
and someone showed me how to do the posty thing so i have that down pat
but still cannot figure out the pic thing

anyway i donot want to be pestered by the females when they find out i am gorgeous and nubile.

Come on brain.get this over and i can go back to killing you with beer