Help Matt equip his new boat

G

Matt's already asked for help in specifying the electronic stuff, but when we were with him last weekend he mentioned that he can have almost anything he wants at no extra cost installed in this magic new boat. During the weekend we came up with two things it needs, one was an ironing board (it's got a washing machine already) and the other was an anchor washer so that as his anchor comes up it gets sprayed with nice freshwater and he doesn't get any salt in his anchor locker. So what else does he need? The boat's 23metres and comes with a driver for 6 mths. I did suggest that he get a little french maid, but his wife wasn't too keen on that since he likes to make the occasional solo trip down to the boat. Anyone got any other ideas?

jfm

Visit site
Christmas comes late, June 10th. Baldrick says..

Re non-white cockpit seats, the Sq58 in this month's MBY had browny beige seats on the flybridge (as first revealed in report from East Midlands). Looked OK? The test boat seemed to have white GRP mouldings on the f/bridge but some of the boats in Oundle were being built with beige GRP on the flybridge.

Colin, turning to your question, there's loadsa stuff. Central vacuum cleaning etc etc. Thing is, it's not what Matt wants that we should be thinking of. Look, if it's all "free" (er....as in fully included in the price) why don't we all give our wish lists to Matt (you need a colour plotter, I'll have a satphone and PC chart) and he gets it all installed free on his boat. Then when the Leopard is delivered (June 10th - that's certain, it's in the contract, I mean you can book the flights now) we all nip down to GJ wiv our blackndecker screwdrivers and take "our" stuff then we'll all have nicely fitted boats and Matt's will have lots of screw holes and panel cut outs but he can just say it's the "lightweight" sport model.

Oh yes, a passarelle and a Yamaha Waverider GSX950 too....

JFM

G

Re: Jive talking: alternative translation software

the idea that we can all carry portables on the flybridge with speakers is praps not practical. An alternative I have at last found is the Jive server which gives the following (text only) translation of jfm’s advice. It adds some authority too, don’t you think? Translate your boring letters at http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~eclectic/toys/jive.html

Original:

The Raytheon just has one screen so you have to toggle between plotter and moving highway etc. I don't know much about the Simrad radar but it looks ok and they have a 2% 48" open rotating array job. It will all match very well on the dash. You can have the plotter and radar in one unit but then even with 14"TFT your windows are becoming small so get two identical 14" units side by side and will look very nice.

Translates as:

Da Raytheon plum has one screen so's yo' ass got'ta toggle between plotta' an' movin' highway etc. I duzn't know much about da damn Simrad radah' but it peeks ok an' they have some 2% 48" jimmey rotatin' array 9-to-5. Slap me some skin. It will all match real damn well on da dash. Yo' ass kin have da damn plotta' an' radah' in one unit but den even wit' 14"T-F-fuckin'-T yo' windows be becomin' little-ass so's git deuce identical 14" units side by side an' will peek real damn supa' fine.

jfm

Visit site
Hmmm....wonder wot Ali G would say about that...

Ali G (www.woohoo.co.uk) says...

Da raytheon just has one screun so yous as to toggle betweun plotta an' movin highway etc. I don't nah much about da simrad radar but hit looks wicked an' they as a 2% 48" opun rotatin array job. hit iz gonna all match well well on da dash. yous can as da plotta an' radar in one unit but thun evun wid 14inch tft ya windows iz becomin small so get two identical 14" units side by side an' iz gonna chek snoop and yous bitches will lurv hit. maximum reespec

hlb

RIP
Visit site
A Small cannon on the fore deck for the jet ski's, and maybe a couple of torpedo tubes as well to keep the yachties under control and stop all this right of way crap. Suppose if you sink it, its not there any more so then you've got right of way!!
Beter still fill all the port holes with cannons then you can
re-enact Trafalgar with all the Spaniards and French. Take over all the marinas and make them all exclusive.
One for me with 10 bob a month rent (free lecy of course)
One for Colin. But y'r'l need that one up a river then he can find his way about bout need in a compass, just, right for the
Red Lion and left for the White horse. And a sign post as well
But stick that in the ground cos they dont work on boats!!

Now then Matt about the toilet yer avin. I could come down and give you some help with that one. With specialy made system like mine fer when y want rid of troublesome
guests.

Haydn

ArthurWood

Visit site
I think I've found just the boat for Matt should the Leopard deal fall through. A few days ago we were moored next to a 45-ish ft, twin hull, Skater at Pier 66 in Ft Lauderdale. The driver said it will do 180mph with racing fuel in its twin 1,350hp supercharged Mercs. He was using racing fuel on that day when he was retracing the route we had taken from the Bahamas. Our journey had taken just over 3 hours across a very flat Gulf Stream, but he could do it in about 25min! Bright red, with white flashes, Matt, not a lot of electronic stuff nor room to sleep and very,very loud. Just up your street?!:)