Hello all

RayB

Visit site
Just a quick post to say Hi to you all.
Had never been on the water till last August when I bought an Orkney Strikeliner on a whim. Had that 3 weeks and traded up to an Orkney Orkadian (great boat!) Now SWMBO has decided that she wont's to "pose" and sunbathe and we have re mortgaged the house to buy a Fairline Targa 29. We must be mad but we love it and I don't regret a thing. Done a fair bit of training and can be seen bobbing around the Solent most weekends.

This is the life ain't it!

Ray

"Hopefully that won't be too expensive to fix?"

lanason

Visit site
Welcome to the board with your first posting.
Prey tell how do you do it -we have been working on our SWMBO's for years just to get them onto the boat but to "enjoy" it as well that takes some doing.
do you give lessons ????

Adrian

Any jobs going ??

jointventureII

Visit site
hi there
what was the orkadian like?
was it the 20 or 23, we were lookingat both before going for a day angler 21.
Are they the most stable boats for their size?
Before the day angler we had a coastliner 14, and it'll go thru anything!

JVII

RayB

Visit site
The Orkadian was the 20, easily the most stable for its size IMHO.

How to train SWMBO?
Well mine likes to pose and she has always admired the Fairlines down at the Marina.
So my plan was that each time we were there I would swoon at all the fisher types such as Rodmans and all the older stuff like Mitchell's.
In the end she tuned round one day and said "look I know you want a bigger boat but I won't be seen dead on a stinky old fishing boat, it would have to be a Fairline or similar!" etc etc.

Well, 30 seconds later we were in the brokers and the rest is history.

Ray

G

Welcome Ray from the forums resident engineer, glad to see you have filled in your profile, well done!!!!.

paul js.

KevB

Visit site
Hi Ray,

I see your based in Chichester, so am I. Excellent club, well worth joining if you haven't already. Lots of cruising in company and social events, great for the kids too if you have any.
Dont Panic is a very clean boat - previously owned by Rodders I believe? Came with an amazing amount of fenders!!! I had some freinds interested in buying it but decided to keep their current boat.
I'm on K37 if you fancy a glass of wine or 10.

Politically incorrect and proud of it.

tcm

Visit site
Re: Good tactics

I think i (unwittingly) used the same tactics.

welcome, but they're all mad or daft. I'm in the former group, I think : and nobody has yet er understand my "route through..." posting further up which parodies the possible scenarios for in ger land to make the last 16. Unless perhaps they DO understand it and are humouring me, in which case....

BarryD

Visit site
Wine or 10!

Hi Ray, welcome to the madhouse, we're also in Chichester stay away from that Nirvana though unless your liver is insured, there is nothing KevB likes to do better than to knock you out with a bottle of white wine. We also looked at "Don't Panic" earlier this year - very nice boat heaps of leather and love those green covers.

Go left, YOUR OTHER left for pete's sake
(IMHO, BTW, FWIW and NWGOI)

KevB

Visit site
Re: Wine or 10!

What's up with you Barry (ok just one more) D. When are you down next? My wine cooler is looking rather full and your just the kind of man to help me empty it.

BarryD

Visit site

Lo' Kev - Sorry we've been strangers - the outlaws are giving major guilt trips which is effectivly prohibiting coming down - they've been here three weeks, so only another one and a bit to go. We should be there again weekend 22/23. Save me some wine - failing that I'll bring some over.

RayB

Visit site

Hi Barry and Kev,

Yep I have been known to indulge in a wine or 3, so I'll take you up on that soon!

As for Don't Panic we are well chuffed with her and got her for a good price too. As for fenders I think she came with about 13 or 14. The good news is the fridge is well stocked at all times :)

BarryD

Visit site
Excellent - I can see you\'re going to fit in <G>

Of course Ray you do know about the long standing (just made up) Chi tradition of emptying your wine rack and the scotch (kept hidden normally) for any boats on J or K who have er... shall we say woman in the "unexpected" family way

RayB

Visit site
Re: Excellent - I can see you\'re going to fit in <G>

Emtying now in the honoured way, should I have waited?

BarryD

Visit site

You just made that up, besides ther's loads of wine shops that mean you can keep it filled up. BTW - Click on that little flashing letter (icon) beside "Main Index"

KevB

Visit site

Ray,

Is it true the previous owner was Nicholas Lyndhurst?
As Barry said - lovely boat in excellent condition and so few hours too. As I remember it was already up for a bargain price so I think you realy did get a good deal.
We are down at the merina most weekends so I'm sure we'll bump into you. Metaphorically speaking of course!! Altho feel free to pop round

BTW. Don't let him know I told you but keep an eye on your drinks when Barryd's around....... He is pretty good at making them disappear and still manage to walk back to his boat as if you've been giving him lemonade.