Heater fuel

G

Who said webasto central heating systems don't use much fuel ? Just been on boat after couple of weeks and the sboard fuel tank has run dry. I do have problem with fuel gauge though . Anyway, other than "bleeding" engine do you think the heater will fire up without problems once filled up with fuel again. The heater control unit , is flashing fault 01.Which responds to no ignition in manual.

Col

Visit site
Unless you have started the engine, it won't need bleeding, the heater will be fine in any case.
BTW are you sure tank is dry ? Pick up pipe for heater should be mounted considerably higher than pick up for engine, this is to give you a safety margin of fuel left.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
I think the first thing is Mark, to get some diesel back in it.
Then try the engine and leave it running for quite a while on highish revs. If it stops, its air locked. Easy soution to this. (Maybe not Volvo recomended) Just loosen injector pipe on one or two injectors. Err. put a rag over them. Start engine. May need a good few turns. Leave engine running. Tighten nuts. Its a bit messy but quicker and easier than fafing about.

Haydn

G

Mark with all that "cheap" electric where you are, why dont you look for an oil filled rad like
I showed you on my boat, runs max 750w, and perhaps a couple of greenhouse type engine room
heaters like on mine, got to be cheaper that keeping Webasto on all the time.

cneighbour

Other threads that may be of interest