Harwich - Shotley Marina

trimpi

N/A
Visit site
Hello,

That is really great. if i ever go there i will definitely go in this Shipwreck at the Marina.and i will definitely try there food.

thanks!!

Slowboat35

Visit site
The name says it all, a culinary shipwreck.
Grumpy, harrassed service, complaining they're understaffed. Hey - it's not my fault!
Rushed through the poor, all too predictable menu and order as kitchen closed at 1900! Specials? All gone. What about...Out of that!. What about this? None left. This? Nah, all gone. How about...? Sorree...
Fish n chips. (It was that or vegetable lasagne) - never had fish like it, slimy, textureless - quite unpleasant.
Exactly the same as it was the last time I went pre-covid. Short staffed, short on menu items, short on atmosphere, short on food quality - hasn't changed a bit.

Their website reveals that (when open) weekday evening kitchen hours are 1800 - 1900 and that last orders is 15 minutes before kitchen closes - and that at quiet times they may close earlier...
They just don't want your business do they?

If Halfpenny pier's unavailable it's anchor and Fray Bentos for me in future I'm afraid, or maybe try the Shotley Gate pub 15 mins walk away - but even they shut on some weekdays.

Shotley marina isn't a place to visit en-spec midweek if expecting food - phone calls need to be made to check whether anything is open.

Last edited: