halmatic 30

petergriffith

Visit site
I have just been offered a partnership in owning a halmatic. Not having experience of this or indeed any other long keeled boat I wonder if anyone has had any experience either good or bad. Thanks

Samphire

Visit site
Yes a v good traditional type of cruising boat,safe and seaworthy with a pretty good residual value.Can't say I know of any particular problems to watch out for other than the dreaded pox which is possible on any GRP boat of this age.
Go for it (assuming you know your potential partner well)
Samphire.

tjc

Visit site
I have a 1985 Halmatic 30. Had it for about four years now and on the whole very pleased with it. Not the fastest boat but v safe and very seakindly. Also vey dry.

Down below room is good as they used most of the beam for accomodation. Separate heads are massive for a thirty footer, headroom is good too.

No real problems to watch out for that I know off.

By all means send me a pm and and I will try to help if I can.

btw where is she moored?

qsiv

Visit site
Yes - nd they moulded most of the Nelsons, Linsens ultra high quality DS45, the new plastic Trintellas (bust we hear), and Sunseekers 105.

They're also building that monster spar for the new Mirabella (under the VT brand).

They certainly know their stuff, and courtesy of their commercial heritage are prone to building strong rather than building light.