Hairline Cracks in Gel Coat

PEJ

Visit site
I must have hit something because I have very fine hairline cracks in the gel coat near the bow of my boat. Although they are very fine and bearly visable, I read in another thread that I should get them repaired.

Can any one recommend a good gel coat repair man? The boat is out of the water at Shamrock Quay in Southampton right now.

rafiki_

Visit site
Gelmaster, occasionally of this parish gives excellent advice on gelcoat repair. Sounds like you have a spider, not necessarily from hitting something, it could be a stress point. Not too difficult to repair, but worth finding the stress raiser if there is one, as it will only return. I have to fix one of these in my cabin sole, where the sole is sitting on a lateral bearer.

mad_boater

Visit site
I must have hit something because I have very fine hairline cracks in the gel coat near the bow of my boat. Although they are very fine and bearly visable, I read in another thread that I should get them repaired.

Can any one recommend a good gel coat repair man? The boat is out of the water at Shamrock Quay in Southampton right now.

Try Mark Tugwell (Arcantifoul) 07802218426 he's just round the corner from Shamrock.Great guy good work.