Guess which boat

max_power

Visit site
I give below, extracts from a book about a particular boat.

You have to guess which boat this is, and name two others that you think might come into the same category:-

‘It is telling us that not all of our life has to happen in the fast lane in order to bear excitement’

‘The ??????????? reminds us of the less is more approach’

‘ Raw speed is not what it’s all about , as the more seasoned mariners know, a satisfying sailing experience is a subtle sensation, and can’t be measured in knots and degrees’

‘Dances to the tune of the elements instead of muscling them’

‘A boat that will emphasize the ability of the sailor than the clout of the wallet’

‘Convenience, comfort and speed are no guarantee of satisfaction and enjoyment. Do away with clutter and see how wonderful simplicity can be’

That’s it !

Is the above true, or romantic dreaming ?

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Sounds like a Drascombe Lugger - Loads of fun

lugger_photo.jpg

max_power

Visit site
Well done lads !

Would agree with all your replies.

But the answer is the FOLKBOAT !

Interesting to note that it was designed by committee in 1942. Although one chap had a lawsuit going for many years. Still going strong now, and the GRP version was built to be exactly the same weight as the clinker wooden one ( in most cases, although there are quite a few different types around the world).

Is it that good ? I have never sailed one but if you add up all the folkboats and folkboat clones they must add up to something significant. The book suggests that it is the Volkswagen Beetle of the boating world. The first 'peoples' boat.

I reckon the way Bavaria are going, they could be a contender in the next 60 years.

Pity no one got it though. Had a crate of Champagne for the winner.

Ohdrat

Visit site
Re: Well done lads !

AW.. I'd 'uv got that.. having just read the Q the first boat that came to mind was the folkboat!