GSD20 & GPS MAP276C

dawny

www.thecovergirl.co.uk
hi guys, I have spent all day trying to wire up my GPSMAP 276C to GSD20 sounder incorporating the DSC function on a VHF radio. Please help!! the GPS is displaying check wiring and the GSD20 LCD light is flashing red indicating a wiring problem!!! I have checked the wiring about 6 times, rewired it 3 times, and it still dont work!!!! Has anyone please got any ideas???

nigelhudson

calculuscontracts.co.uk
I'm not familiar with either instrument but given no-one else has responded I'll offer two generic points to check.

Have you made sure that you've connected output to input? It's very easy to make a mistake and wire output to output.

Secondly, some instruments use the same wire for two purposes. Typically that would be NMEA or RS232 (computer connection) or perhaps NMEA or external alarm. On these instruments you have to go into set-up and choose the correct option before it works properly.

Hope that helps

pvb

Visit site
Possible manual error...

There may be an error in the wiring diagram in your GPS276C manual - if it shows the yellow lead going to the white/blue on the GSD20, this is incorrect. The yellow should go to white/brown, and the blue to white/blue. The correct wiring colours are shown in the GSD20 installation guide. The violet wire is the NMEA out to your VHF radio.