GRP Heron Dinghy /Tender (sail, row or outboard) £375 ONO

mickywillis

Visit site
GRP Heron Dinghy /Tender (sail, row or outboard)

]GRP Heron dinghy "Pogle" for sale.
Sail/hull number 8115 which I believe makes this about 1985 in the build sequence?
Gunter rigged with two sets of sails (1 x Rockall, 1 x Jeckells)
In great condition with the exception that the rubbing strake and the two handles on the front could do with rubbing down and varnishing (run out of time, but if I can get another weekend, I will do this)
Good solid road trailer with sprung wheels, makes for a very comfy tow for the boat.
Comes with 1 aluminium mast, 1 wooden mast, 2 x wooden yards, rudder/tiller, and all components ready to put out on the water.
At 11ft long, the Heron can also be rowed (rowlock fittings already present, no oars/rowlocks) or a small outboard fitted (up to about 2.5Hp) so could easily be used as a tender.
The GRP hull has been painted in 2 pack cream colour and looks really good (previous owner fully restored Pogle before I bought her in 2006) Topsides are in original blue and the interior a combination of original GRP and painted floor.
The wooden floor slats will need replacing at some stage, but can easily be removed to do this at home or in the workshop over the winter.
Wooden seats all good and buoyancy tanks are fitted along each side of the hull, with an additional tank occupying the bow area, a useful shelf on top of the tank for storing picnic's, spare clothes, tent, etc. This makes the Heron very suitable for camping expeditions and adventuring creeks and estuaries as it is extremely safe and solid! Lifting dagger board and rudder means the Heron can creep into water less than a foot deep.
This little boat was our first ever venture into any form of sailing. We enjoyed sailing her at Littleton SC in Chertsey but one thing led to another and we ended up buying a cruiser on the South Coast. So beware, this boat may lead you to a more expensive yacht in the future!
The cruiser now takes up most of our time, so unfortunately the Heron now has to go to a new home as we haven't used her for about 4 years.
Boat is currently located in Worcester Park in Surrey, please let me know if you wish to view or would like to see more photographs.
Looking for £375 ono.
Listed on club website as well.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Cantata

Visit site
Aaah, come over all sentimental - my first boat, bought with £50 (all my savings) in the early 1960's was Heron 119.....
Yours looks very nice.

mickywillis

Visit site
Thanks for the compliments. Our Heron was our first boat as well, somewhat of a milestone when we bought it, but an impending fitting of a holding tank on our Griffon means that she has to go to finance the holding tank!
Pogle will really be a nice starter boat for someone wanting a safe, stable, low maintenance dinghy. She will happily take 2 adults and a child or 3 children in one go. As the boom is nice and high (unlike our Enterprise which always caught your head!) the Heron is also great for persons with limited movement (or less than quick reactions to stop a boom hitting you!)

mickywillis

Visit site
SOLD

Anyone looking at this ad, its now over 6 years old and the Heron sold a few days after the post was made! Unable to edit the advert. Please do not ask if its still available!

Other threads that may be of interest