Grey day on the East Coast but fun

tillergirl

Visit site

tillergirl

Visit site
Frankly it was a toss up whether to look after my 96 old Mum, take my wife out or do some work. So I got up early and gave Mum her medicine, went sailing and took my wife out for a Ruby this evening. Oh and I also got a call off the Bench Head offering work next month in a sunny country which I turned down. Do I do wrong?

tillergirl

Visit site
I told the book should be on the shelves soon......

Just to show I'm an expert on the tides, I left West Mersea Quarters on the flood and plugged the tide out to the Colne Bar getting there about high water. Then we turned round and plugged the tide all the way back into the Blackwater and most of the way to Thirslet. There. How's that for an expert in using the tides?

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Monday I sailed out of Brightlingsea up to Paglesham. This Took dinghy up to hard and walked up to Plough and Sail. Lovely day and pleasant evening. Tuesday sailed back to Pyefleet Creek. Very breezy across to Knoll and North Eagle, bit too much sail but, as Patrick would say, 'No-one died'.

Pretty sunset at Pyefleet Creek. Back to Brightlingsea Wednesday morning.

This was the substitute two day sail instead of the week's holiday in Holland. Oh well, another time ...

Drove back to SYH to find wallet and inspect windows. No leaks apparent. Wallet on forepeak floor. No evidence of visit by riggers who were booked to sort out pin on mast foot which looks a bit dodgy.