Green Card

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
I've just had to make a minor change to car insurance and will be driving to France and back next week. Have been told (by NFU Mutual rep, reading off what her screen says) that a Green Card is required (just by them?) for continental driving after tomorrow. Can't immediately find any confirmation elsewhere, and government website says not, but it wasn't going to cost me anything, so I went along with it.
Posting this purely FWIW point of information. Possibly just the Fog of Brexit general confusion type situation.

Last edited:

dgadee

Visit site
I've just had to make a minor change to car insurance and will be driving to France and back next week. Have been told (by NFU Mutual rep, reading off what her screen says) that a Green Card is required (just by them?) for continental driving after tomorrow. Can immediately find any confirmation elsewhere, and government website says not, but it wasn't going to cost me anything, so I went along with it.
Posting this purely FWIW point of information. Possibly just the Fog of Brexit general confusion type situation.

Same here. Couldn't find anything online at all. Going this weekend so called up my insurer a few days ago. They said they didn't know if I would need it but emailed me one anyway.

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
They said they didn't know if I would need it but emailed me one anyway.
I was told yesterday that a Green Card has to be issued printed and sent by post - can't be emailed.

But this is all symptomatic of the confused mire we're now in. Won't end until we're all grubbing around amongst the dystopian smouldering ruins of this once green and pleasant land when all thoughts of cars and insurance will have become completely irrelevant.

Last edited:

dgadee

Visit site
I was told yesterday that a Green Card has to be issued printed and sent by post - can't be emailed.

Well it was emailed to me, so hopefully if it is required to have been printed by the insurer none of the soon to be foreigners know that. There is also something about getting an IDP (?) from the post office at £5.50 but that seemed a step too far.