greek yaught charters

yomama

Visit site
This is my first thread on the site I just joined today!!! Hello every one!! I am looking for a good yacht chartering company in Greece I found a blog http://yachtchartershellas.blogspot.com/ with all the companies in Greece and other sites.But they don't have any customer reviews. Can you please tell me about your experience thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!!!

CPD

Visit site
Avoid Golden Sails as you would the Black Death. My advice would be to stay with the bigger companies.

BobOwen

Visit site
You could do much worse than try these folks HERE at Pinnacle yachts. Based in Corfu.
Very small, personal outfit that really care - unlike some of the bigger companies.

Though huge, we hear Sailing Holidays also based out there, still seem to have a good reputation for service.

jimbaerselman

www.jimbsail.info
First, select the area you want to cruise in. This will depend on your experience and the number of crew. Light weather in the Ionian and Saronic, brisker winds in the Dodecanese, and some occasionally tough sailing in the Cyclades. See my site for details on each of these areas.

When you're decided which area looks good for you, go to www.sailingissues.com/ . They'll give you sound advice on good charter companies for your chosen area (and damn the weak ones by not mentioning them!)

Have a good charter!

houldsworth

Visit site
I agree with Jim B, choose the area first.
If you are looking in Ionian the best small company I have found is:

nisosyachtcharter.com

Based in Nidri, Lefkas with 32' to 48' yachts and very helpful staff

Charles

LymingtonPugwash

Visit site
Hi m_a_r_k..... I'm in Kalamata, Greece and a British friend here has his own charter co..... he has a Bavaria 37 and you can either charter bareboat or with British skipper.....
I know that the boat is free next week, from this coming weekend if you need it that soon.
You can contact Trevor on 0030 (from UK phone) 6945-059-166 and sort it out directly...
Trevor is a great guy with a great yacht and fully licenced to charter in Greece.... one of very, very few Brits who are.

Melody

www.aegeansailingschool.com
go to www.sailingissues.com/ . They'll give you sound advice on good charter companies for your chosen area (and damn the weak ones by not mentioning them!)

.. but note that Sailing Issues

a) gets commission from bookings for those they recommend so it is not quite as "unbiased" as he makes out!

b) has been known to slate some companies without investigating complaints properly

I hasten to add that he does recommend us so this is not sour grapes in any way - just a pointer that you should take what he says as one opinion and not necessarily a decisive one.