Greek Fence

Crisby

Visit site
Vic, I think you need to pop back and help them to see the error of their ways?

Chris (stuck in Vietnam again!)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic, I think you need to pop back and help them to see the error of their ways?

Chris (stuck in Vietnam again!)
I think it be some years before we return back to Greece if ever Chris we enjoying cruising to places we not seen for some years for now . May even pop out of the Med this year and visit Portuguese coast

Tony Cross

Visit site
First it was the bank charges for ATM machine then the Greek cruising tax now their talking about a fence across the sea , what's next ?
Perhaps you have a better solution to the problem of the thousands of economic migrants who wash up on Greek shores every year and which no other EU country wants to help relocate? TBH I'm surprised it's taken Greece this long to unilaterally take action against this massive and unwelcome problem which has been exacerbated by other European countries all adopting the NIMBY approach. :mad:

newtothis

Visit site
A better solution would be a Europe-wide distribution of immigrants to EU member nations and rich nations helping establish civil society in those that are the source of the problem. I can't make that happen, unfortunately, but that inability doesn't mean I think putting up a wall/sea-fence is the solution.

Irish Rover

Visit site
i seen that the Greek have put a ad in the Dublin press , bricklayers wanted must have their own diving gear
I hope you're not taking the Mick from us Paddies Vic. Brickies in Dublin are earning around €300 a day. The waiting period for a builder for house extensions etc is longer than for heart surgery on the public health system. Seriously, this is a crackpot idea. If they go ahead with it there's going to be some craic when the west wind blows and the Turkish Coast Guard decide the fence has encroached 15cm into Turkish waters.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I hope you're not taking the Mick from us Paddies Vic. Brickies in Dublin are earning around €300 a day. The waiting period for a builder for house extensions etc is longer than for heart surgery on the public health system. Seriously, this is a crackpot idea. If they go ahead with it there's going to be some craic when the west wind blows and the Turkish Coast Guard decide the fence has encroached 15cm into Turkish waters.
Me taken the Micheal .... never !
All in fun and good sprit.
Some of my best brickies where from Dublin and by joe couldn't they lay brick .

Jegs

Visit site
A better solution would be a Europe-wide distribution of immigrants to EU member nations and rich nations helping establish civil society in those that are the source of the problem. I can't make that happen, unfortunately, but that inability doesn't mean I think putting up a wall/sea-fence is the solution.

Not so, the more that are allowed to sponge, the more others will imitate them. The problem is that so many people around the world who are not good enough to create a society in which they wish to live, continue to shag out kids.

ATB,
John G

De.windhoos

Visit site
It's clear that the Dublin regulations (the country where someone enters, takes care of it) don't work. Especially in Southern Europe. Thank god the EU is doubling their staff in Greece to help Greece speed up the process. My boat is in Lesbos this winter and if you go to the area around the official refugee camp (which is not a holiday resort) it is truly heartbreaking.

There are now 2 EU commission members doing the rounds suggesting a new approach where non-safe counties are set at EU level and the EU will pressure those countries to take back their people. Also if an EU country doesn't want to take their share of refugees, they will have to pay for it.

But, Heho, the UK is out of it, so no more refugee problem in good old Blighty...

Irish Rover

Visit site
There are. But where does abusing someone rather than debating their viewpoint place you on the arsehole - non-arsehole continuum?
I could debate your viewpoint that I was abusing someone and maintain I was just making an observation. I certainly have no wish to debate with someone who describes millions of war refugees as spongers so, you can place me in whichever whatsit you wish.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
(But, Heho, the UK is out of it, so no more refugee problem in good old Blighty... )
you really don't believe do you ? we always had refugee and people from other country coming to live in the UK before the EU , so leaving the EU isn't going to change that .

De.windhoos

Visit site
(But, Heho, the UK is out of it, so no more refugee problem in good old Blighty... )
you really don't believe do you ? we always had refugee and people from other country coming to live in the UK before the EU , so leaving the EU isn't going to change that .
Nope, but wasn't this one of the Pro-Brexit arguments?

newtothis

Visit site
Not so, the more that are allowed to sponge, the more others will imitate them. The problem is that so many people around the world who are not good enough to create a society in which they wish to live, continue to shag out kids.

ATB,
John G
Refugees - Brian Bilston

They have no need of our help
So do not tell me
These haggard faces could belong to you or me
Should life have dealt a different hand
We need to see them for who they really are
Chancers and scroungers
Layabouts and loungers
With bombs up their sleeves
Cut-throats and thieves