Greek Boat tax again but recent information.

mocruising

Visit site
Tied up alongside at Porto Heli, my next door neighbour (UK) went to the office to ubmit his papers (Boat 10.6 m ) and was asked how long he had been in the water and was asked for the new boat tax for the period from launch to today. They insisted and said all boats whether afloat (At anchor or cruising) , alongside or on the hard have to pay this new tax. I understand that it works out at about 800 euro for a 10.6 m sailing boat for six months.

We pulled out to the anchorage mainly to avoid the Friday Saturday Clubbing noise and did not visit the local branch of the Hellenic Coastguard.

affinite

Visit site
Are you sure ?

Thought the tax was for 15m + sailing boats ?
Think I'll give Porto Heli a miss when Im passing in 2 weeks time

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Latest information from the Cruising Association, who have local representatives at many Greek ports, is that a Preliminary draft of Law - (8/4/2011) 1 Ministry of Marine Affairs of Islands and Fishery is being discussed but no date has yet been discussed as to when this will go to parliament, let alone be implemented as law.

Sounds like the Porto Heli policeman is building up his retirement fund.

tri39

www.sailblogs.com
How many boats would leave Greece if these taxes were implemented on smaller yachts!?
I have been thinking about returning, but maybe I'll just continue with the refit in Italy!

PLEIAS

Visit site
Unfortunately the incident reported has indeed taken place,but nothing was paid.The problem is that somebody inside there has taken it upon him to make everybody pay.Again the harbour dues DO NOT go to any port police fund or pension scheme but to the municipality fund or LIMENIKO TAMEIO.The police men are only there by law to collect it according to the charges or records of the municipal Port fund.NOW WHETHER THE PRICE LIST HE IS USING IS RIGHT IS ANOTHER THING, and i'm curently investigating as it will have an effect on all of us.I will report as soon as i get an answer from the Ministry as i've hired a lawyer to look into it.You see i belong to the people that upon seeing something affecting the community doesn't leave it alone.If the law says so then everybody should pay but in this case they're misinterpreting the law according to what i've read.Oh by the way i'm paying annual dues which are nowhere near that sum so don't even think that i'm doing it because i don't want to pay.Take care.

Evagelos

Visit site
Investigation

My name is Evagelos Gouzouasis and I am the Vice-Mayor of municipality of Ermionida which is the authority supervising the Port of Porto Heli. I would like to investigate the subject that “mocruising” refers to, but in order to do this, I would like to have some information first such as the name of the vessel, the berthing dates, and what flag does it carry. Our area is a welcoming place and we do not want to change that.
Thank you.

[Edited by Admin - no personal email addresses please]

rivonia

Visit site
My name is Evagelos Gouzouasis and I am the Vice-Mayor of municipality of Ermionida which is the authority supervising the Port of Porto Heli. I would like to investigate the subject that “mocruising” refers to, but in order to do this, I would like to have some information first such as the name of the vessel, the berthing dates, and what flag does it carry. Our area is a welcoming place and we do not want to change that.
Thank you.

[Edited by Admin - no personal email addresses please]

Now if it is a rumour this will squash it!

PLEIAS

Visit site
It's nice to see for a change local authorities with good reflexes for a change.It is to say the least encouraging.I believe that the actual sum that the boat in question payed was a total of 20 odd euros which was the charges for a couple of days stern-to.The rest as it turns out is roumors or inadmissable hearsay.I'll publish in a short time the standing charges for harbour dues as soon as i finish the translation and the technicalities that one should be carefull with.Fair winds and the Porto-Heli - Ermioni - Koilada region welcomes you and awaits you all.

CharlesSwallow

Visit site
Latest information from the Cruising Association, who have local representatives at many Greek ports, is that a Preliminary draft of Law - (8/4/2011) 1 Ministry of Marine Affairs of Islands and Fishery is being discussed but no date has yet been discussed as to when this will go to parliament, let alone be implemented as law.

Sounds like the Porto Heli policeman is building up his retirement fund.

Precisely. Tell him to go and "gamisou".

Porto Heli is in the central PP region who don't talk to anyone else and run their affairs the way they see fit

Chas (in Gouvia)

Glyka

Visit site
gamisou?

If you are ready to deal with the consequences of saying "f@ck you" to an officer (in any country and for whatever reason) then you are really brave,

I would use other words though to describe your advice to others to do so :)

paulingreece

www.furryfriendsinneed.com
Its such a shame when rumour stops people coming to an area, i live in between Porto Heli and Ermioni, and have always found the Port Police very helpfull, having my boat at present in Ermioni and sailing with our disabled daughter, the Port Police have been extremely helpfull and gone out of there way to help as have the local people, it would be such a shame for people to miss out on a great cruising area because of rumour and conjecture. As for the comment to them to **** of, the least said the better.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Its such a shame when rumour stops people coming to an area, i live in between Porto Heli and Ermioni, and have always found the Port Police very helpfull, having my boat at present in Ermioni and sailing with our disabled daughter, the Port Police have been extremely helpfull and gone out of there way to help as have the local people, it would be such a shame for people to miss out on a great cruising area because of rumour and conjecture. As for the comment to them to **** of, the least said the better.

Hi PAul - we sailed into Ermione a month ago, but there was no room - it seemed that all was full with boats wintering. There was a strong easterly blowing at the time. Shame - my wifes name is Hermione, and I wanted to take here there!

There is no reason at all to panic about this tax - unless ofcourse you have not paid VAT or worse, you have no documents to PROVE that you have paid..... However I cannot see them getting their act together for a long time on this, 2 policemen in the same office can't agree on a daily charge, so what chances!

paulingreece

www.furryfriendsinneed.com
Hi Chris, we have had some bad weather this last few months, it was boats taking shelter for trips further afield, normally only 3 or 4 boats winter there because of the lack of life, as they put it, if you get a chance to head this way again, give us a shout.

CharlesSwallow

Visit site
If you are ready to deal with the consequences of saying "f@ck you" to an officer (in any country and for whatever reason) then you are really brave,

I would use other words though to describe your advice to others to do so :)

AH!

Glyka,

We British would never actually tell him to literally G.....o. We would speak to the guy ever-so-nicely but leave him in no doubt as to the message it was intended to convey. That is the way we do such things.

Chas

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Hi Chris, we have had some bad weather this last few months, it was boats taking shelter for trips further afield, normally only 3 or 4 boats winter there because of the lack of life, as they put it, if you get a chance to head this way again, give us a shout.

Tell me about it! The weather has been so windy and the locals here in Mykonos say this is now the Meltemi blowing - forecast for another week of blowing from the North! Just going to blow up the dinghy and take the fortress out as an extra anchor as we are due some stronger winds in the next couple of days!

If we get down to Ermione again I will give you a shout.