Greece Turkey flights

sailaboutvic

Visit site
More if it's the Greeks wills .
I think Greece is in for a shock as people start leaving for Turkey , the down side is fees in Turkey marinas are going up .
Look into for us a while back and Finkia wanted 2K for the winter .

Irish Rover

Visit site
More if it's the Greeks wills .
I think Greece is in for a shock as people start leaving for Turkey , the down side is fees in Turkey marinas are going up .
Look into for us a while back and Finkia wanted 2K for the winter .
Crazy price increases here in Turkey. My contract is renewing in 10 days and the cost in Turkish Lira has increased by 32% since last year.

Resolution

Visit site
Crazy price increases here in Turkey. My contract is renewing in 10 days and the cost in Turkish Lira has increased by 32% since last year.
But the lira has depreciated by over 30% compared to sterling over the past 12 months, domestic inflation is , well, rampant, so one must expect TL cost increases. My berth in Port Iasos Marina is sitting empty while we play the stupid Brexit VAT game in EU27 Cyprus. Here’s hoping for better fun later this summer!

sailaboutvic

Visit site
But the lira has depreciated by over 30% compared to sterling over the past 12 months, domestic inflation is , well, rampant, so one must expect TL cost increases. My berth in Port Iasos Marina is sitting empty while we play the stupid Brexit VAT game in EU27 Cyprus. Here’s hoping for better fun later this summer!
An i use it pretty please

Irish Rover

Visit site
Obviously that's good for owners who live/work/earn their crust elsewhere. The vast majority of owners in my marina are Turks or, like me, full-time residents here whose jobs, businesses etc are here. Indeed very many of us are dependent on tourism to a greater or lesser extent and I hardly need to tell anyone how that's been going or what the prospects are for the current year. The marina is installing new pontoons to increase capacity in anticipation of more boats moving from Greece - Brits and others whose boats have been locked up in Greece while Turkey is allowing boats to cruise as normal. And guess what - the marina are confident of filling all their berths because foreign owners think it's great value as long as they're not paying more in euro/sterling/dollar.
where's your boat while your berth is lying empty?
Edit. Ignore last sentence - I'm learning to read.

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Irish Rover or should I say Isiah Turkish rover haha , funny how your given a prove I need TL and it seen European are given it in euros where it tend to work out more .

Where are you based Kas?

Irish Rover

Visit site
Irish Rover or should I say Isiah Turkish rover haha , funny how your given a prove I need TL and it seen European are given it in euros where it tend to work out more .

Where are you based Kas?
Merhaba Vic Bey, I'm in Kuşadası. The law in Turkey requires companies to quote and contract in Turkish Lira for citizens and long term residents but they can quote in foreign currency for non citizens/residents. With the big companies like Setur the rates quoted work out much the same for locals and foreigners but Setur, for instance, give 2% loyalty discount for every year you've been with them subject to a max of 25% - which is what I'm on.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Merhaba Vic Bey, I'm in Kuşadası. The law in Turkey requires companies to quote and contract in Turkish Lira for citizens and long term residents but they can quote in foreign currency for non citizens/residents. With the big companies like Setur the rates quoted work out much the same for locals and foreigners but Setur, for instance, give 2% loyalty discount for every year you've been with them subject to a max of 25% - which is what I'm on.
You don't need 25% you could pass half that to me ha

Other threads that may be of interest