Greece 2021

alexsailor

Visit site
Where can I find useful and official posts/web sites regarding sailing in greece?
I have "covid situation" in mind. Not TEPAI etc.

Thanks.

wwalsh

Visit site
laws in greece
Προστασία απο το Νέο Κορωνοϊό - Νομοθεσία
travel
Protocol for Arrivals in Greece - travel.gov.gr

there is not sailing in greece
with permission of port police : sea trial is permitted, move to shipyard is permitted
i think i read it is possible to arrive in greece to go to mainland shipyards, no other yacht arrivals permitted
they started recently to remove lockdown measures but today they changed their minds and they are putting more measures
people moving between prefecture is prohibited except for move to tax residence or for professional reasons with permit or health reasons
ferries between prefectures want tax residence proof or professional reasons permit or health reasons document on boarding
airports sometimes checking, sometimes not
7 day quarantine at your hotel/airbnb etc for arrivals
police roadblocks every toll checking cars but not ktel buses

OldBawley

Visit site
This is month seven that we are not allowed to move the boat.

Churches are open, ferry´s come and go, some ex politicians may play on the water but the sailing tourist (even single handed) is not allowed to move the boat, not even for a short trip from anchor to anchor.

Tony Cross

Visit site

Churches are open, ferry´s come and go, some ex politicians may play on the water but the sailing tourist (even single handed) is not allowed to move the boat, not even for a short trip from anchor to anchor.
Churches can have no more than 9 worshipers inside, as for ferries nobody is permitted to leave their prefecture (county) except for work or in an emergency, so people on the ferries are there because they have to be. We're in the middle of a global pandemic and your desire to sail comes pretty low on the importance level, especially when people are dying.

OldBawley

Visit site
I had a medical education and know that if I sail solo from anchorage too anchorage I do not put people in danger.

Chartering with groups of people is something totally different, that is asking for misery and guess what, when the tourism season is starting, chartering will be allowed.

It is the only income Greece has.

Where I winter, (a small village) churches are open to anyone. Rules as max 9 people… don’t make me laugh.

The popes here don´t ware a mask in church and even if they did, those long grey beards make masks useless.

I could go on about discrimination, but the fact that Greece is still a bit the wild west what following rules is about keeps me here. The fact that lots of money and connections are used to obtain privileges makes me angry. But then , that is the same in all Med country's.

reefknot

Visit site

My anhcor is dragging what do I do ? !!!!

dunedin

Visit site
Where can I find useful and official posts/web sites regarding sailing in greece?
I have "covid situation" in mind. Not TEPAI etc.
Thanks.

The Cruising Association had a lot of good info on each European country last year. Has lots of members in Greece so if not already a member worth considering joining.
PS. Can get a discount in year one through many boat owner associations or a friend referral (and lots of friends on here ;-)

OldBawley

Visit site
Since we are anchoring (not the only liveaboard boat this year) we have to change spot from time to time. That is simple good seamanship. With high winds you don’t anchor on a lee shore. Not even with the best anchor and 35 years of full time experience.

So we do move (unseen) and are not harassed by the coastguard.

At least that is reasonable thinking.

OldBawley

Visit site
I now understand Your worries Tony. Read this morning that an outbreak is found in Agios Nicolaos.

Keep safe. Weare a good mask over your face if you have to be in contact with others.

Do not hang the mask one one ear as lots of Greeks do. Avoid other people..

Easy for me as a liveboard on anchor. Especially avoid old Greeks who seem to think that all conversation must be yelled, that all must hear what they have to say.

Eat healthy, real food, no fast food. Take vitamin D3.

And if you can, go sailing.

OldBawley

Visit site
I have not lived in the UK, so I would not know.

I lived in Belgium for 30 years, left because I was fed up with the mentality.

Became a Dutch citizen but lived more or less everywhere I put my boat. (no hat)

Nevertheless I have the impression after been Dutch for a long time that Dutch people are correct.

Except for one of the royal ones I never heard of corruption.

Wintered 11 years in Turkey and 11 years in Greece. Turkey was scenic a little better, people very friendly but officials ware corrupt. Very.

Greece,…. Live and let die.