Great Yarmouth

leomagill

www.leomagill.co.uk
Whats the score with the outer harbour building at Gt.Yarmouth, other than 'prohibited area' it doesn't seem to feature of get a mention in next years almanacs, They mention eddies around the piers but I guess that will change with the extra shelter given from the outer walls.
I would like to plan a trip around there next year and onto the broads so wondered if the best times to enter the river in a slow moving stinkie had changed at all.
Any advice appreciated, will be coming from wells direction.
Cheers all.

beneteau_305_553

Visit site
The seawalls are in place and extend seaward by half a mile east and north from the old north pier entrance.

May make entrance into the river a bit easier as the harbour wall will provide some protection from the tidal stream

No bouys or lights in place yet but the 85000 tons of rocks are there!

leomagill

www.leomagill.co.uk
Cheers for the info, I saw something saying it would be completed by the first quarter of next year thats why I was surprised it was not yet charted, it's not exactly a subtle change is it.

bastonjock

Visit site
i had a trip into Gt Yarmouth recently,its all geared up for commericial boats,at the entrance there are some very large rocks and just a few hundred yards away you have a wind farm.Im also heard that there may be problems with the sand banks moving to the south of Scrobie Sands,it is now possible to walk from the beach at Gorleston during low water all the way out to the new harbour enterance.The week before i had my steering problem, a guy in a keel boat had got stuck on the sand bank to the south of the enterance, the poor guys boat was wrecked.

If you head for yarmouth from the south,watch your depth,if i had any keel i would stay well out to sea,i took the inside track on the sand banks but even i had to change course,if you decide to run between the wind farm and Gt yarmouth beach,watch the banks to the North of the wind farm