Great Yarmouth moorings

Sixpence

Visit site
There is a chance we may have to change plans and move to Yarmouth this year instead of Wells, anyone know what it's like for mooring availability ?
Currently looking at Burgh Castle marina, but that looks to be pretty well full

bastonjock

Visit site
dave,the charges at Burgh Castle marina will knock you sideways,there is a smaller DIY boat yard on the river Bure that may if you are lucky have a slot,I can tell you how to get there but i dont have a number for the place,they are very friendly,it was the yard that looked after Glissando for me .

Im not sure if the marina comes under the broads authority,as the anuall charges for the broads are quite high

pennycar9

Visit site
Burgh Castle Marina is the pits, Goodchilds which is next door is good with all facilities. Any where else you need Broads Tolls which can be horrific, The yard up the Bure is not really a marina, but there are constraints by 2 very low bridges before you get there. Lowestoft is good, plenty of secure berths and only 6 miles further south.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Living where I do in Norfolk (non sailing) people are always surprised that I don't keep the boat at Yarmouth or Lowestoft but when I thought about it I decided there were limited weekend options.

I know your draft is less and therefore the broads are a better (& very pleasant other than the trippers) option but wouldn't you be better off with a few more miles by road and coming down to the Suffolk & Essex coast?

Before I offend anyone I am planning to visit Lowestoft in Flipper this season and will be having a week on the Broads in a mix of dinghies!!

Sixpence

Visit site
Home location ? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Where's dat den ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the advice everyone, that rules that one out, and the phone call from Matt provided even more information so I think I better think it out again /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif