Great news about the Folly Inn

MartinGPerry

Visit site
Manager Andy is back.

After lasts years dreadful experiment with a change of manager they have seen sense and got Andy back to run things.

This was his first weekend back and he hasn't lost any of his skills, he manages to find a table, a smile and a friendly word for everyone no matter how crowded it got - and with half the bar sectioned off for a private part it was busy.

Now if only he can do something about the food....

Martin

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Good News.... more get togethers !nm

<hr width=100% size=1>Nigel ...
Bilge Keelers get up further ! I only came - cos they said there was FREE Guinness !

l'escargot

Visit site
Normal service has (almost) resumed.

In the Folly last night; Andy & Cheryl firmly back in control, squeezing people in to eat in an already packed pub. Good quality food and music, including dancing on the tables. Crew pot back, but still signs that the brewery would like to have the standard roadside menu maintained. Perhaps they need convincing that those arriving by boat have different needs. I'm sure any posts here would be bought to their attention.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Only been to the Folly once. I remember tying the boat up and going to the bar. I remember waking up the next morning with a migraine (? diagnosis). Unfortunately I cannot comment on food, drink service or lap dancing because the details slipped my memory.

<hr width=100% size=1>

derekgillard

Visit site
Friends of mine went on Saturday and said it was like to old days, Welcome back Andy!

PS
lets keep this to ourselves don't want to many people comming.

Del Buoy

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: Folly - brits mugged again

I haul the dinghy ashore at a beach bar in the med and if I've been once befroe they welcome me and know my name. If I anchor some way off, the restaurants send a dingyy to ask me and other boats if we need a lift ashore. I get a table and a menu and a bottle of pink rosé in an ice bucket. The kids menu includes lots of things that aren't deep-fried.

Whereas in the folly or anywhere else, I am a tight head prop, balancing lager to a shared splintery/greenish table. I can look forward to something a teenager can make from a menu card arriving in twenty miutes, plus chips.

My point is that when the Folly was running beautifully with the right manager etc etc...relative to the med, it was a badly-run fallling-down wreck. God knows what happened when it "got worse". Still, there are so many saily boats around that I supose it seems like luxury. Shh, don't say it too loudly darling - but I went to the toilets and they actually have loo paper! And soap too!

<hr width=100% size=1>

zefender

Visit site
Re: Folly - brits mugged again

Agree with observation that pubs and food in the UK are judged in relative terms - so anything vaguely edible is wonderful.

Bit worried that you drink pink rosé though. Do you know of any other hue?

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: pink rosé

Oh heck he is in that mood again. But don't we often use extra and admittedly redundant adjectives? "Crap" Labour governments and "picky" yotties are other examples. I mean, what other sorts of yotties or Labour govts are there?

<hr width=100% size=1>

zefender

Visit site
Re: linguistic garnish

Is that 'we' the third person plural - as in "we are a grandmother"?
Clearly the condition is catching albeit with a long gestation period.
I suggest a healthy dose of "ejukashun, ejukashun,ejukashun".

<hr width=100% size=1>