GPS Mapping and Plotting Software for Palm PDA

paulrae

Visit site
I've taken the plunge and bought a bluetooth GPS receiver for my Palm Tungsten PDA. Can anyone recommend a mapping software package (TomTom Navigator?) and a chart plotting package? Free would obviously be best, but anything to justify going down the PDA route over the cost of a dedicated GPS unit would be much appreciated - I need to convince SWMBO that I'm financially prudent.

A

Anonymous

I also have a Palm TX and would be interested in your reply.

G

Must admit - I really like Palm - prefer to all other PDA's for PDA work ... battery life is good, screen I can read ! etc.

But when it came to GPS stuff - the Pocket PC I found came out better ... in fact I ended up buying of a pal his Mio Digiwalker with built in GPS .... it is brilliant and proves how much time I wasted on Palm GPS stuff.

Sorry to post ... not what you wanted to hear !

As to what programs ? Palm Pilot .... Ozi-EXplorer ...... and others ...

paulrae

Visit site
I'm only really focussed on the Palm because I have one, and could source a GPS reciever at a reasonable cost on Ebay.

Looks like I'll give any free software that I can find a try, and if they're not up to much I'll give up.

Thanks

Paul

G

[ QUOTE ]
tom tom for land maptech for water. Both brilliant. Job done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they do versions for Palm ? I know they have for Win CE ....

A

Anonymous

I now have a Bluetooth GPS and would like to obtain street GPS navigation software for my TX - did you know of a source? Many thanks.