Gosport Ferry - Portsmouth Taxi's - local knowledge required..

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Gosport Ferry - Portsmouth Taxi\'s - local knowledge required..

Anyone used the gosport ferry recently on a saturday evening ?

Intend to dump a car in gosport marina on saturday night and get the gosport ferry to portsmouth. So I can get the overnight ferry to france. Is there a taxi rank outside the station so i can get a taxi to the ferry port or should I pre book one.

Failing that is there any suggestions for reliable taxi firms. to drop me from gosport ferry to main ferry terminal.

TIA

bobgosling

Visit site
Re: Gosport Ferry - Portsmouth Taxi\'s - local knowledge required..

Gosport marina to Gosport ferry is a very short walk but if you do need a Taxi ( suitcases ? ) you can get one from the Taxi rank outside the ferry office.

ParaHandy

Visit site

other than make sure the ferry is running at the time you want, and their website with timetable is here, you should find plenty of taxis at the rank which is 50m from the gosport ferry. There's also a bus to the terminal but take a taxi .... taxi takes 15-20min (it has to go right round to get there) and i'd allow a prudent waiting time for the taxis as it will be busy on a sat night

l'escargot

Visit site

Big taxi rank (and bus station) on the Portsmouth side just at the top of the ramp by the Station entrance. Don't ever recall not seeing a string of taxis there at any time day or night.

AIDY

www.ybw.com

Thanks, it's the portsmouth side to the main channel ferry port i may require a taxi. From memory, from portsmouth station it's up a busy road. and not really doable by foot especially at night

Stingo

Visit site

Yes there is a taxi rank outside the station. The problem is the taxis are quite busy from the early evening, so expect to wait for one.

temptress

gbr195t.com

HI - we are based in Portsmouth and do this sort of thing regularly. Car not where we or boat is regulalry!

You can walk from 'THe Hard' where the gosport ferry arrives to the Ferry Port but it's a bit of a treck. The Taxi rank is at the top of the ramp but may be a wait on Sat evening. I'd use a local mini-cab. We use AQUACARS - good clean and always on time number is 02392 654 321. (No connection except as a customer)

waterbuffalo

Visit site

Citywide private hire have their main office on the main road outside the Hard, just to your right. Where you can sit in the office if you have to wait for a car.

telephone 02392 833333

AIDY

www.ybw.com

Assume you are refering to The Hard which is the road outside the train station, just up the ramp froom gosport ferry.

Many thanks for the info

Dave99

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Citywide private hire have their main office on the main road outside the Hard, just to your right. Where you can sit in the office if you have to wait for a car.

telephone 02392 833333

[/ QUOTE ]

Ring them 20 minutes prior to arrival to guarentee a car. They are licensed and are half the price of a hackney