Good short-term layup, Barcelona to Montpelier?

concentrik

Visit site
We're heading back to the mainland from Mallorca soon and we're looking for a suitable spot to layup for a trip back to the UK - maybe 6-8 weeks. Out of the water would be OK if it's cost effective. Any recommendations between approx Barca and Montpelier? Transport connections are not really an issue since we expect to be doing only one return trip.... and we're only heading back to the mainland because Mallorca will be prohibitively expensive in June/July.

luturna

Visit site
You could consider Gruissan. Monsieur Pierre Six at Nautiland was most helpful and inexpensive when we had dealings with him last year. Great yard. I think it was nautiland11@wanadoo.fr. You can find them online, I'm sure. Jan S/Y Serenity

chasroberts

Visit site
Another vote for Gruissan. We winter up there every year. We use Tout Pour Le Bateau, and would throroughly recommend it, but there are a number of companies there. Prices between them are not so different. Great yard, reasonably secure. Lidl, laundrette and good restaurants etc all within walking distance. They don't mind (unofficially) if you want to staty on your boat and no problem working on it yourself either, at least with TPLB but I have heard stories from others about having to buy your bits, antifoul etc from them. Feel free to PM me for more specified info. We have been there for the last seven winters.

Chas