Good background book for the ICC

longjohnsilver

Visit site
With CEVNI or without. If without then just very basic boathandling skills, think from memory it's covered in the RYA powerboat level 1 & 2. They used to do some sort of booklet, probably still do.

CEVNI has it's own book, lots of inland water stuff and it was, and probably still is, a requirement to have the book on board if you go inland in some European countries.

Kawasaki

Visit site
I have noticed from Your Profile You have Doral in Pool.
If You complete PB2 You can apply for the ICC coastal.
If You have already done PB2 Bob's yer Uncle!
If You have not done PB2 do it anyway it's good fun and a worthwhile 2 days.

Not knowing your skill level or experience.
It is difficult to advise correctly.
An experienced mobo person can be 'assesed' for ICC in a matter of hours.

Log on to the RYA sight.
Taint the fastest but all the info is there.

coastwise

www.coastwise.org.uk
Dont know what a Doral is, but just make sure you get the right ICC - up to 10m or up to 24m craft. The former comes under the RYA Powerboat Scheme, the latter under the Motor Cruising Scheme.
Both can be done by direct assessment or a course.
If up to 24m, would suggest RYA Motor Cruising Handbook by Simon Jenks as the cert is equivelent to Day Skipper Practical.
Paul

Ballistix

www.cinematreadwell.com
It's up to 10M. I'm being directly assesed by someone I've done a course with before. So hopefully it's just some reading. I'll take a look at the Motor Crusing handbook as you recommend. Many thanks.

T

gjgm

Visit site
did you take Powerboat 1+2? If so just post the certificate off to RYA, and for some £££ they ll send you your ICC, unless you are a member, in which case I think its free.

Solitaire

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It's up to 10M. I'm being directly assesed by someone I've done a course with before. So hopefully it's just some reading. I'll take a look at the Motor Crusing handbook as you recommend. Many thanks.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have the PB2 certificate you don't need to be assessed for an ICC. As GIGM has said just send a photocopy of your PB2 certificate to the RYA with a cheque for £39 or if a member of the RYA it's free.

The problem with the ICC up to 10 metres is that you will not have been taught certain elements on your PB 2 course. For example course to steer, lights etc.

Follow the

the link and see what is involved on the ICC assesment. Read page 2 in particular. If you don't know answers to those questions then gen up on those. If you are doing a direct assessment then that is what the instructor will (should) be testing you against. Also look at page 3 which is the practical on-water assessment requirements.

ebbtide

N/A
Visit site
Re: ICC

I have a copy of the syllabus; PM me if you want it.
And some useful flashcards.
For CEVNI sailtrain.co.uk can be downloaded for free.

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

The problem with the ICC up to 10 metres is that you will not have been taught certain elements on your PB 2 course. For example course to steer, lights etc.

[/ QUOTE ] can you clarify this point. It reads that if you do PB1 and 2 (which I haven't) you still won't have learned how to calculate Course To Steer. Seems a bit odd to me as it is basic navigation. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Solitaire

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] can you clarify this point. It reads that if you do PB1 and 2 (which I haven't) you still won't have learned how to calculate Course To Steer. Seems a bit odd to me as it is basic navigation. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Powerboat Level 2 concentrates on basic boat handling in close quarters. As far as navigation is concerned it is very basic and gives an introduction to charts, tidal heights and how to plot a basic course. It is two days and there is not time to cover all elements. Course to steer and EP's are introduced at Day Skipper theory level and above.

Same as the Helmsman course, CTS is not part of the syllabus there either.