Golden Shamrock

frantic7001

Visit site
Does anyone have any information about these 30ft Ron Holland design boats. Are they out and out racers or is it possible to do a bit of cruising as well. Any information greatfully recieved. Are they capable offshore boats ?

<hr width=100% size=1>

BootleBumtrinket

Visit site
1. I don't know FA, so treat this with caution
2. They were proper racing half tonners
3. As such they will be awkward down wind if overpressed
4. They're not cruising boats, if being a cruising boat means being comfy in marinas and not needing a reef until 30 knots
5. But they will be a great deal of fun to sail
6. Don't pay too much

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Nice old racers, really competitive in their day (mid-70s). I think Bob Fisher used to have one. Pretty rudimentary below - lots of pipecot bunks and no doors I seem to remember. Also, may not have been built with ultimate longevity in mind.

Find a good one and it would be a fun club racer, but you'd probabaly want to refit it below for cruising (if someone else hasn't already done it for you).

<hr width=100% size=1>

warrior40

Visit site
they would make super, fast cruising boats, built in Ireland where they are still highly sought after, you see many on our NW coast of UK. wouldn't want to pay more than 12-16/17 K for one. A good bet if you were looking at an Arpege, UFO etc.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jamesjermain

Visit site
Huge fun and a great racing boat in her day (I did a couple of seasons on one). But I wouldn't buy one as a family cruiser. Goes upwind well but twitchy down wind. Interior will be pretty knocked about if it is original. They were built down to a weight.
Great for club racing. One that's up together may be worth £15,000. Otherwize say £11,000 to £14,000

<hr width=100% size=1>JJ