Gibraltar

Fisheye

Visit site
I emailed this to the Cruising Association today 13th:

Good Morning,

As part of your campaign "180-Day Visa Campaign" I hope that the CA are aware of ongoing negotiations with Gibraltar to join Schengen and the potential situation.
It is possible unless this matter is raised NOW that cruisers could find themselves "locked out of Gibraltar" as well after spending 90 days in Schengen
which is frankly totally unacceptable to British Citizens.

This matter needs to raised at the higher level of the British Government before Johnson shafts us again.

Goldie

Visit site
I have also raised the same point with the Gibraltar Government. I had an encouraging reply from the Immigration Dept but with that caveat that negotiations have not been finalised.

Ric

Visit site
I emailed this to the Cruising Association today 13th:

Good Morning,

As part of your campaign "180-Day Visa Campaign" I hope that the CA are aware of ongoing negotiations with Gibraltar to join Schengen and the potential situation.
It is possible unless this matter is raised NOW that cruisers could find themselves "locked out of Gibraltar" as well after spending 90 days in Schengen
which is frankly totally unacceptable to British Citizens.

This matter needs to raised at the higher level of the British Government before Johnson shafts us again.

What has it to do with British citizens? Gibralter wanted to stay in EU by a massive majority. It was they that were shafted by British citizens voting to drag them out of the EU against their will.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
What has it to do with British citizens? Gibralter wanted to stay in EU by a massive majority. It was they that were shafted by British citizens voting to drag them out of the EU against their will.
I agree. There are 65 million people in UK 459 million in the EU. Screw democracy lets instigate an individual and seperate policy and deal for everyone.

How can I register a "like" on my own post?

Goldie

Visit site

Agreed, but as Gibraltar is a BRITISH Overseas Territory and if there’s a chance that Britons can enter without eating into our 90/180, why wouldn’t we try? Gibraltar is fiercely proud of its British association and I speak as a former resident.

st599

Visit site
Agreed, but as Gibraltar is a BRITISH Overseas Territory and if there’s a chance that Britons can enter without eating into our 90/180, why wouldn’t we try? Gibraltar is fiercely proud of its British association and I speak as a former resident.

Looking at the deal that the British Govt. signed on New Year's Eve, it's not going to happen.

What the post-Brexit Gibraltar deal means
Spain, as a member of Schengen, will be responsible for the implementation of Schengen checks and the application of the Schengen Borders Code. However, Gibraltar will be the first to decide whether a traveller is allowed to enter the territory, and only then Spain will decide if it approves their entry into the Schengen area.